Chapter 25

Thank you for your amazing comments and for your votes. I hope you guys stay with me till the end of this story.

Please enjoy this chapter and let me know about your feelings via votes and comments.

Love you all.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Robbie and I was not fighting per se. But I ended up hanging up his call more frequently. He was annoying me.

Ding.

Please babe.

                                            No.

He was calling again. I accepted the call with a huff.

"Please, I would take you back to school."

"Robbie, I can't. You know why." I was whining.

Then he started explaining again how it was a good idea to skip one day of my class to visit him fifty miles away. He was coming there for a conference in few days. It was not an outrageous request. But people would see us. His colleagues, business associates, other department heads, all of them knew my mother and many of them had already done business with my family.

It had disaster written all over it.

"What is so peculiar in your visiting me?" Really? He clearly knew what was so peculiar. He never took his wife to any of his conferences and she was very vocal about it. Even my mom suggested that Robbie should take Janice with him because it was good to have his spouse in his business affairs. He rejected the offer outright. And he personally requesting me to be there for what?

After him not listening to my side of the argument, I pulled out the big guns.

"Robbie, if you do not stop asking me to come, I will not talk to you ever again."

Absolute silence.

I thought he had hung up. Then I heard his deep sigh on the other side. He was such a silly baby.

"Hey." I tried but he remained silent. I knew he was angry. He was not getting his way and he was throwing a tantrum.

"Robbie."

"What?" He was pouting. No, brooding.

I smiled. My silly Robbie.

"I cannot come, Robbie. You know, I would miss at least two days that way. Do you really want me to slack off?"

"No." He bit out.

"Mom is hosting our birthday party in a month. I will be there." I extended a peace offering. Mom and I had birthdays two weeks apart. We used to celebrate it separately with dad. But now we threw a single party at home, in the middle of the dates. It was better that way. My birthday came first, so it was mom and I spending the day in our cabin near the lake. On her birthday, she spent it alone with the memories of my dad and a glass of wine. I had watched her smiling and crying at the portrait of my father in her bedroom.

I was glad it was during my sem-break. Last time I had to take additional three days leave.

Silence met my suggestion.

"Please, don't be angry. I will be there and we could go trekking." I was not a big fan of trekking but Robbie was. I would go if it made him happy.

"Really?"

"Really. And we could do whatever you want. But I cannot come with you to this conference."

I heard another sigh.

"Fine, but your birthday is mine." He dug his heels in.

"Okay." I agreed.

"Promise me, Ace. You cannot back out of this."

"I promise."

He switched to video call. He looked like he won the argument which made no sense. "I cannot wait to see you."

I blushed. I could not stop the smile from forming. I nodded.

"I will not be coming to the conference." I had to make sure because the way he was smiling was...intriguing.

"Oh, I know. But we will do whatever I want on your birthday." Well, not exactly on birthday but someday close. Because birthday was for my mom and I. We always spent it together. I nodded anyways, knowing what he meant.

He smiled like I handed him the world. My heart fluttered. Only he could do this to me.

"I miss you, my Angel. I will let you go to your class, now. I never want you to slack in your studies. Call me later, love." Then he was gone after kissing the screen.

I was in cloud nine. Whatever I was feeling he gave me tenfold.

I was cherished, cared and protected.

My heart was so full that I felt I would burst any moment.

And I was sure, someone would find my Robbie still intact if they went through the pieces.

I could not bear to hurt him even in my fantasies.

I was his and I wish if he were mine.