Chapter 14

"Why are you annoying me, Squirt?"

I giggled.

"I need concert tickets."

"Of course. Why am I even surprised?"

Uncle Fred's partner was Jack Kennedy. Yup, the singer.

"Mom was talking about dad."

I heard him sigh.

"Why was she thinking about that ugly face? Tell her to think about me. I am sexier."

I laughed.

He started talking. Respect and love filled his words. He loved my father.

"Were you in love with my dad?"

Absolute silence. What if he was? Did I want to know? He was my go-to-guy. He was the one who gave me the gay 'talk'; who chaperoned me to school dance. He was, in more than one way, my father figure.

"I loved him. I still love him. Like how you love an annoying brother. How you love your best mate. So, no, I was not in love with him. But my first real love was."

"What?"

"My first love. He was obsessed with your father. He had this idea that he could turn your dad gay if he walked around naked in front of him."

"How did I never know this before?"

"You were a snotty kid. Now that you are a man, I do not have to hold my tongue. Anyways, it reached a point where your father had to stop coming to our apartment without your mom tagging along."

"That is so..."

"Disturbing. I did not know. I thought we were drifting apart because we were both in committed relationship."

"Then?"

"Well, I caught him red-handed one day. Your father was telling him that he was not gay. And even if he was, he would not touch him because I was his brother. Happiest and shittiest day of my college life."

I could imagine how heartbroken Uncle Fred would have been.

"What happened?"

"What to happen! Threw him out, locked myself in misery for a whole week."

"You moved on?"

"Not willingly. Your dad and mom bought me shit load of alcohol for a week. Then the next week your father handed me a wad of cash and took me to my first male stripper club. It is easier to move on after seeing some juicy..."

I snorted. "I do not want to know."

"True. I have photos."

"You do? Why have I..."

"It was not age appropriate then. Check your mails. I am uploading."

I laughed out right seeing them.

Uncle Fred was being dragged away by my father.

Gods, they were surely a wild gang.

Dad cringing as a twink gave him a lap dance. Mom was laughing like a maniac.

Uncle Fred was kissing a buff man's chest.

Eww. He licked someone else's stomach. Ewww..Ewww..

I giggled.. a stripper was kissing my mom's palm. Only you, mom!

Dad looking in horror as mom pushed a bill to some guy's crotch. That was hilarious. Dad was trying to drag mom away.

Mom trying to give dad a lap dance. He was looking at her with so much love.

A buff man was trying to spank my dad. Mom had her head thrown back and laughing.

The last one was a pic of sober dad sitting between drunk mom and grinning Uncle Fred.

"I miss my daddy, Uncle Fred."

"Me too, son. So, about your calling..."

"Yeah?"

"Who stole your heart?"

I was not ready. I did not think I would ever be.

I was saved by a calling bell.

"Uncle Fred, I would call..."

"You do that. It is okay, son. We will talk about it later. Tell your mom that I will be there for New Year. "

I saw our butler trying to hold a basket in one hand as he rushed to open the door.

"I got it Frankie."

I opened the door.

A lightening passed from my stomach to my heart and warmth filled every fibre of my being and it spread and reached lower and lower...until I felt wetness seeping through.

"Robert!!! What a pleasant surprise!!! Where is Janice? How was your trip?" Mom came down to invite him in.

I ran to my room. I did not look back.

Who stole my heart, Uncle Fred? You did not want to know.