Episode 4 - An Unusual Invite

Author's PoV

She was on the park bench opposite their house. All she had to do was just cross the road to get to it. It was her little comfort spot. Laying on her back on the wooden bench, she stared at the sprinkle of shining stars up in the sky.
Extending her arm she pointed her finger and counted them, one by one. She smiled after spotting it, although her mind was in turmoil.
Y/n: "Hey Pegasus... come down...
Let's fly away from all of this...
He keeps appearing wherever I turn...Even when I close my eyes...
Since when did I lose control of myself..?
I'm not used to being like this...
I don't want these butterflies inside me...
I shouldn't be like this...I don't wanna like him.
Let's fly away from all of this..."
She murmured and closed her eyes.
"You keep getting in my way.."
His voice echoed through her head again as a lucid reflection of his face appeared in her mind.

Y/n: "Aishhhh!"
She scrunched her eyes and quickly got up.
Sitting up and staring down at the grass under her feet, she steadied her breath.
She looked up and ahead at the plain grassy land lit by the dim yellow street lights.

Y/n: "Ok... I'm not letting these feelings or him play with my head. I'm strong enough to deal with this. I don't like him. He means nothing. He's a player, a maniac and I hate him."
Slowly closing her eyes, she prepped her mind firmly to fight against the feelings of her own heart.

Y/n's PoV

I walked towards the library to return the books I burrowed earlier that week. Lisa was still in the classroom talking to some of her other friends. I hadn't seen him all day, and it was a relief. Even if I did, I wouldn't react to him, and that's what I decided. I think he senses my nervousness when he's around me and enjoys it.
So I decided not to be nervous and face him If I had to or just ignore him.
I slowly walked through the long corridor which joined into another main corridor.
As I got closer, I could hear footsteps of someone walking in that corridor. I didn't think much of it and just continued. As soon as the figure became visible to my eyes, I paused automatically. It was him. He walked straight down without looking to his side. He didn't see me.

With a slow deep breath, I continued to walk slowly just so that he'd be gone by the time I turned into that corridor.
I looked ahead as I walked and he suddenly reappeared, walking backwards.
I gulped, but didn't stop walking. Bravely I decided to carry on.
He turned his body to face me and casually started to stride down the corridor, towards me.

As he got closer, I tightened my grip around the books held against my chest. My body started to heat up in tension, again. I Moved slightly to my left  to be out if his way when he walks past me. But he moved intentionally, making sure our bodies were aligned in a straight line. Keeping my eyes on the floor, I carried on still trying to move myself, so I wouldn't crash into him.
He was only a few steps back from walking straight into me, so I turned and stepped back and stood against the wall to make sure I was out of his way. Walking down that corridor wasn't his intention at all, he just wanted to intimidate me. He stopped right opposite me and planted his hands on both sides, trapping me inside.
I held the books even tighter and became a little shaky. I was too scared to even breath. All the advice my head gave last night had disappeared in a flash.

There I was again... stood opposite him...trying to count the butterflies fluttering around inside me. I looked at his smirking face for a moment and looked away to my side. I didn't even know what to say or do.
Jk: "Why do you keep getting in my way hm?"
He mumbled tilting his head, as his eyes studied my lips.

Y/n: "Uhmm...I wasn't really in your way..."
I murmured hesitantly.
Jk: "so you are saying I walked into you?"
He moved a little closer to intimidate me.
Lost for words, I looked at him, keeping my lips closed.
Jk: "YOU ARE something...aren't you..."
With that rhetorical question he moved his face forward towards my lips.
Covered in goosebumps, I slid my head away, moving my lips further away from him.