Episode 18 - This is all real...

Author's PoV

And it was real...he was real...
The man she longed to see all these years was suddenly standing in front of her.
And She didn't know what to do...
The little girl in her just wanted to run to him crying "Appa...!"
But...she knew...
...this is not the time nor the place. So she held her self back.

Jk: "Hi Mr Gong!"
Jungkook shouted his cheerful greeting to him as he stepped down from last few steps of the staircase.
Mr Gong: "Hello Young Master..."
He greeted him formally raising his hand, expecting Jungkook to greet him with the usual high five.
Jk: "Oh no! Can't give you high five if you call me young master. That's too formal for a high five!"
He refused playfully.
Yoo chuckled softly...
Mr Gong: "Hi Jungkook!"
Correcting himself he greeted again earning the high five from Jungkook.
Jk: "Mr Gong this is..."
Mr Gong: "Y/n...I know."
He pronounced as if the name was so familiar to him.
Y/n quickly looked up after hearing her name in his voice after thirteen long years.
Jk: "Oh you know?!"
He looked at him in surprise.
Mr Gong: "Of course I do, how can I forget?"
He answered with a smile admiring the girl who stood in front of him. She dropped her head down again before any of them read the shock on her face.
Jk: "How do you know?"
Mr Gong: "You told me, when we spoke on the phone, how can I forget so soon?"
He answered the question smoothly without triggering any suspicion.
The longer she stood in front of him, the weaker she became. She could feel her knees giving in, ready to crash to the floor. Her eyes threatened to pour out the tears, if she looked up at him again.

Mr Jeon: "So y/n, what do you do?"
Mr Jeon questioned eagerly. His first move on the background checks.
It seemed if she spoke, she would weep in happiness. She started to shiver as the emotions threatened to explode out of her.
Jk: "Y/n?"
Jungkook shook her shoulders, a little puzzled while Mr Jeon waited for an answer.
Y/n: "Huh!"
She gasped again, coming back to reality.
Jk: "what's wrong?"
Y/n: "I...Uhm......I...I don't feel well..."
Jk: "You ok?"
He tried to tilt her face up. But she quickly removed his hands.
Y/n: "Uhm...I have to go..."
Keeping her eyes on the floor she dashed up the stairs towards her room.

Y/n's PoV

I ran into the bathroom and locked the door and collapsed on my knees on the marbled floor. Covering my mouth I weeped keeping my voice down.
My heart raced, stumbling through the waves of emotions...I smiled knowing he's ok... but sobbed thinking why he never came to see me. Not even once...
Sadness and happiness intertwined in my tears, I stayed on the floor convincing myself that all of it was real.
Jk: "Y/n...!"
I could hear Jungkook calling my name as he came into the room. I quickly got up wiping my tears and turned the sink tap on to mask the grief in my voice behind the gushing sound of water.

Jk: "Y/n ahh...you ok?"
He banged on the door with worried tone in his voice.
Y/n: "Uhm...I'm fine...I just felt a bit funny..."
I spoke quickly after splashing handful of water on my face to wash the tears off.
Jk: "Y/n ahh...open the door, I wanna see you."
Y/n: "I'm fine now. Don't worry. I'll be out soon."
Jk: "Are you sure?"
Y/n: "Yeh..."
Jk: "Ok, call me if you need me. I'll be downstairs, ok?"
Y/n: "Ok."
I replied staring at the reflection of my haggard face on the mirror.

Author's PoV

Mr Jeon: "How absurd? I was waiting for an answer and she just runs off. I'm not getting a good feeling about this girl Yoo."
Mr Jeon spoke sat at the ahead of the big dining table, while swirling the half filled wine glass he was holding.
Mr Gong: "Maybe she's just nervous."
He justified standing still on the right hand side of the table.

Jungkook appeared through the door as Yoo finished his sentence.
Mr Jeon: "So what happened?"
Jk: "Ah! Nothing. I think she got a bit nervous. I didn't tell her about this and kept it as a surprise. I'll check on her again in a bit."
He spoke as he reached his hand into the fruit basket and picked up a small bunch of grapes.
Mr Jeon: "Hm, ok then."
Jk: "So how long are you staying for dad?"
He questioned, sitting on the table, sliding the first grape into his mouth.
Mr Jeon: "For few days I think before flying to Belgium. Mr Lee's invited us as a family to a special dinner party. We should attend together. I promised him. Also, it's an opportunity for you to meet IU."
Jk: "IU?!"
He looked at him with slight confusion.
Mr Jeon: "Yes, Mr Lee's daughter. He likes you very much and I also think it's time I worry about your marriage..."
Jungkook scoffed and let out a short laugh in disbelief.
Jk: "Dad! I just introduced y/n to you, maybe you've forgotten. She's my girlfriend."
He said it more strongly, as if he was trying to ingrain the information into his father's brain.
Mr Jeon: "I know. But Jungkook, when it comes to marriage..."
He tried to dismiss it.
Jk: "Dad please, no!"
With an immediate refusal, He got off the table. He knew exactly where this was going and he wasn't ready to let it progress any further.
Jk: "Stop acting like y/n doesn't exist. Are you suggesting me to marry someone else when you know I like her?"
He raised his voice.
Mr Jeon: "Jungkook! You are my son you can't just marry any girl. I want to give you the best. You deserve the best, and IU is perfect. Their family is..."
Jk: "We are stopping this conversation right here dad. You know nothing about my y/n."
He answered firmly, threw rest of the grapes on to the table and walked away before Mr Jeon found another word to speak.