Episode 24 - Forced Marriage

Author's PoV

Y/n: "It looks...."
She tilted her head to her left and studied the ivory dress that hung in front of her.
Y/n: "...like a wedding dress!"
She said feeling soft silk material with her fingertips.
The maid kept her wide smile and blankly stared at her.
Y/n: "Don't you think? I mean... it looks plain and elegant but somewhat bridal. I can't wear this!"
She objected putting her hands around her waist, while her head tilted again to her right.
Y/n: "Oh! Ajumma, I'm a guest. I can't end up looking like the bride! This is too much, the bride should be the centre of attention."
She voiced her worries to her.
Maid: "But Miss y/n, I've been told this is the dress you have to wear. The young master has picked this himself and specifically ordered us to dress you. Please understand."
She politely pleaded.
Y/n's arms dropped from her waist and hung loosely.
Y/n: "Aish! he's too stubborn sometimes."
She sighed and spread her arms out, allowing the maid to dress her.

Guard: "The car is waiting outside Miss y/n."
He opened the door gesturing her towards the front of the house when y/n stepped off the staircase in her ivory gown.
Y/n: "Thank you..."
She bowed to him and stepped out elegantly holding her dress from touching the ground. Two braids on both side of her head neatly run to the centre of the back of her head. They're pinned in place with a small cluster of fresh baby pink roses.
Yoo stood in front of the sleek black Rolls Royce. He managed to get away from the staff conference, leaving Mr Jeon busy at the office.
He smiled after seeing his daughter step out like a fairytale princess.
She saw him waiting by the car. Her soft smile turned into a curios childlike beam. He raised his eyebrows as she came closer, proudly admiring her grace.
She stood in front if him for a second. He opened the back passenger door and waved his hand signaling her to get in.
Y/n: "Hmm...so what happened? Did you get demoted to a driver now?"
She playfully mocked as she got in.
Mr Gong: "Huh!"
He scoffed.
Mr Gong: "Well, Miss GONG y/n! Jungkook trusts me, so he sent me to pick you up. Is that a good enough reason for you?"
Y/n: "Well, I'm not sure if I can trust you tho. I've never seen you drive! You weren't a qualified driver when you left me at five."
She rolled her eyes and gathered her dress away from the door, so he could shut it.
Mr Gong: "Aish! That time I was broke, I couldn't pay for driving lessons."
He whined shutting the door and got into the driver's seat.
Mr Gong: "and for your information Miss y/n, I am now a fully licensed driver and I taught Jungkook how to drive, so..."
Y/n: "Ah! No wonder he's a terrible driver!"
She cut him off.
Mr Gong: "No! He's not!"
He shouted looking at her at the rearview mirror.
Y/n: "Err...Yes he is! He's reckless on the road."
Mr Gong: "That's just his personality. I told you, I'm not impressed with your choice."
He attacked back.
Y/n: "I don't need to impress you with my choices. He's loving and considerate, and that's enough."
Mr Gong: "Yes, only with you. I was quite surprised to see the change."
Y/n: "Well, at least I have him. Unlike some who just ran away from me and become terrible driving instructor."
Mr Gong: "Ah! You are terrible!"
He whined shaking his head.
Y/n: "Hm... I am your child, so, don't expect too much."
She stuck out her tongue at him on the mirror and looked away through the window.
Mr Gong: "Fine! We're even now! One, One."
He shrunk his nose, accepting his defeat and focused on his driving.

After few miles of driving, Yoo pulled up close to a florists.
Mr Gong: "You stay in, just need to collect something."
Y/n quietly watched him get off and walk in through the shop door.
She smiled to herself as he disappeared. She loved the small bickering battles with him. Through these encounters, she erased the awkwardness of guilt which kept him quiet.

She watched the other side of the street where an ice cream van was parked. Two children ran off with their cones topped with swirled towers of white cream. The man waved to them and put the money into his pot.