Episode 26 - Goodbye my Pegasus...

Author's PoV

Hwan opened the message and looked at the picture of the girl.
He pressed the phone button on the steering wheel to answer the call, but remained quiet, demanding the voice on the other end to speak first. His eyes remained glued to the picture on his phone screen. They weighed the value of the new target.

"Hello!"
A voice called.
He moved his eyes to the road and tilted his head slightly.
His accomplice Cho, sat to his left looked at him. Both of them maintained the silence.
???: "Hello! Have you got it?"
A confused voice of a mature man enquired.
Hwan: "Yes."
He replied shortly on a deep voice and placed the lotus on the centre of the dashboard.
Hwan: "What do you want done?"
He calmly enquired.
???: "I don't care what you do with her! Just get rid of her! She's ruined my child's future."
The man muttered with disgust.
Hwan: "Payment?"
???: "You already have the full amount in your account."
Hwan turned to his left and glanced at Cho.
Cho nodded his head once, implying that the man was telling the truth and held the phone screen in front of Hwan's face.
With an impressed nod and and eyebrow raise he spoke to the man.
Hwan: "Got it! From now on, the girl is ours. You can't change your mind and no going back."
???: "No. Just get on with it. Make sure she doesn't come back into our lives."
The line went dead and Cho snickered.
Cho: "We get the honey and the money! It's a double Jackpot!"
He chuckled zooming to get a closer look of the girl who was stood gazing dreamily at a man in a black suit.
Hwan: "Trace her, let's triple it. Looks very young, she'd sell like a hot cake on the market."
He said keeping his smirk and moving his gear as he revved the engine.
Cho: "The bidders gonna go crazy on this one man!"
He frantically slapped his own thigh in excitement with a sinister grin as they drove off.

Jungkook's PoV

"Mmh..."
I jolted in my sleep as I felt like my feet slipping off a cliff and falling into darkness. My eyes shot open and stared blankly at the ceiling while my brain adjusted itself to the present time. My arms felt nailed to the floor as my boxing gloves were still on. I had fallen asleep when I dropped to rest on the floor in exhaustion. I knew I went on for at least good two hours nonstop, and I shouldn't have.

I sat up, enduring the body ache. My body felt heavy, arms almost numb and senseless. I stretched my neck, so I could hold my head up, my brain was still trying to make sense of time and day.
"Y/n ah..."
I murmured her name, looking at the doorway. The door was shut, and the place was engulfed in deep silence.
"Urghh..."
I groaned as I gathered my loose limbs and stood up. Slowly, I removed the gloves and dropped them on the floor.
"Y/n ahhh..."
I called out her name a little louder this time, as I walked towards the small stool to grab my water bottle. Her name was the first thing that came to my mind, before I could make sense of day and time.

With my eyes half closed, I unscrewed the bottle cap and chugged the cool water down my dry throat. After finishing half of the bottle, I poured the rest on my face and over my head to wake myself up.
She still hadn't appeared.
I dropped the empty bottle on the floor and shook my head to shake off the excess water from my hair. Brushing my wet hair back I looked up at the clock on the wall.
It's 2.20 in the morning!
Aishhh....!
I'd been asleep for longer than I thought. She wanted to have noodles and it's our wedding night.
My body suddenly heightened its level of alertness, I rushed out towards our bedroom.
"Y/n..."
I Called out her name again.

Author's PoV

"Y/n..."
His lips refused to utter anything else other than her name as he dashed into their room.
He paused from breathing after his eyes discovered the bed was empty. He frowned and looked around the room.
The yearning to see her was so strong and demanding. There was a longing to console her and make her feel better.