22 October, Tuesday 14:56

I'm staring at the sketch of the model we had to draw for class. Something is off and I can't put my finger on it. I shrug and pack my things into my bag and feel my phone vibrating like crazy. Someone is blowing up my phone with text messages and I can guess who.

Britt:
"My friends want to go to the sea for a week and I want you to come with.
Please it would mean the world to me.
Sander! Answer me!
Pleaseee!!"

Not a second later Britt is phoning me.

"Hey, Britt." I say.

"Did you read my messages? It would be like a romantic getaway." She says pleading.

"I don't know... I'm not really friends with your friends and would feel left out..." I say speaking the truth. She never introduced me to her friends, except for Amber and Noor, and sometimes I feel like I'm an embarrassment to her.

"Noor is going with Robbe. You know her!" She says. I'm glad this is only a phone call because I'm smiling like an idiot on the other end of the phone. Now that I know this, I have to go.

"Ok fine... if you really want me there." I act unenthusiastic when I am in fact shaking with excitement.  I'm going to meet Robbe. I'M GOING TO MEET ROBBE!

"Thanks, babe. You know that I love you so much, Sander." She basically giggles and is obviously very happy about me going with her. If only she knew...

I skip my way to my next class, I can't help but feel like I can conquer the world now. I can't focus in class and start imagining scenarios with Robbe and I. What would I say to him? I have to impress him, I want him to like me. The guy next to me stares at me and I suddenly become aware that I am still smiling and drawing tiny hearts with R+S in my notebook. Shrugging, I start to take notes in the class.