26 October, Saturday 13:13

Robbe and I grab the plastic bags and put them in the kitchen. I play music from my spotify playlist and I start slicing the bread to make croques for Robbe. My hunger has somehow disappeared, maybe it's because I'm nervous around him and I feel butterflies, no bats, in my stomach when I see him.

Amber walks sleepy eyed into the kitchen with Noor a few feet behind her. Noor heads straight for the sink to fill a glass with water and asprin to soften her headache. Amber starts going through the groceries and looks disapproving at each item.

"Did you buy anything from what I have sent?" Amber asks.

"Must you be so loud?" Noor asks annoyed.

"Must you be so sad?" Amber throws back. Noor disappeared from the kitchen and gives a look to Robbe. I don't know why girls have to be so bitchy sometimes.

"I sent you a list," Amber continues.

"There was coffee on it?" I say to lighten the mood, but it fails miserably.

"I can't cook with that," she says not amused by the joke. However, Robbe is smiling.

"Well that works out well. We will do that," I say to get her and her whining out of the kitchen. I put my hands on her shoulders and start pushing her to the door.

"But I want something healthy," she whines again.

"Of course," I say pushing her harder now. I know we didn't buy anything healthy, but damn can't this girl live a little?

"Really?" She asks.

"Promise," I say and with a final push she is out the door. I turn to look at Robbe.

"And now it's up to us," I say while rubbing my hands together. I continue spreading butter on the bread.

"What are we making?" Asks Robbe. He's so cute. Like really cute.

"Croques," I answer. I had a craving for it in the store and desperately wanted to make some. I haven't had them in a while.

"Croques? Amber said we need to make something healthy." Robbe says jokingly. I turn around and quickly look for ketchup. I grab the bottle and put it next to the bread.

"Voilà, tomatoes. Problem solved." I say and go back to spreading butter on both sides of the bread slice. Robbe looks at me quizzingly. He probably has never made croques before, probably not even proper food.

"For a good crunch." I say to explain myself.

"Now I need a pan." I say as I turn to look at him. He starts opening cupboards and moves closer to me.

"Sorry, can I for a moment?" He asks and I move back a foot as the kitchen is tiny. He is kneeling in front of me, grabs the pan and looks up into my eyes for a second. The panic in me leaves me speechless. His actions were harmless, but it left me almost light headed.

Robbe tries to light the gas stove but he is not doing it right. I move him out the way to show him how it is done.

"You have to push the button and keep it in." I say while I'm doing it. We hold eye contact the whole time, but it doesn't work the first time so I try it again. The blue flames shoot up. I place the buttered sandwhich on the pan and hear a tiny sizzle.

Under Pressure starts playing and I get excited. It's such a good song and I have to turn it louder.

"Under Pressure. Wait a second." I tell Robbe. I put the phone's volume on its loudest and play drums in the air.

"Feel that base." I say and sing along to the song. It's so underrated and it makes me love it even more.

"Is that also whatshisname?" Robbe asks. He already forgot Bowie's name or is he just playing with me?

"Yes, Bowie." I answer him.

"Cool." He replies. I passionately start singing in full volume and whip my head from left to right. I can see Robbe nodding his head to the beat, it's kind of sweet.

"Croques, they really remind me of my childhood." I tell him. I want to tell him everything, but I start small by telling him about my childhood.

"Why?" He asks.

"My mom used to always make it. On Sundays she would make croques for the whole family. That was a way to see each other again." I ramble.

"Awesome." He replies and is actually in awe by it.

"Yeah, yeah. Do you have any traditions?" I ask one of the many questions I want to ask and roll myself a cigarette.

"No, not really." He says sadly, but I don't understand why. Most people have traditions with their families.

"You must have something." I say in disbelief.

"No." He replies. I roll the cigarette tightly and lick the paper to act as a glue. He looks at me intently, I can see it from the corner of my eye.

"Should I turn it around?" He asks.

"Yes, you can." I answer. I put the cigarette in my mouth and light it.

"Fuck." Robbe swears as he burned himself on the hot bread.

"You ok?" I ask with the cigarette hanging from my lip. I take a drag and can feel the nicotine fill my lungs. I hold it out for Robbe to take a drag.

"Thank you." He says and the way he says it just makes me want to kiss his cute nose.

"Ok. Get ready to be mindblown." I say as I grab the croque from the pan. I lift it up to his mouth and stare as he takes a bite. This makes my insides go wild. It's somehow really sexy, but I don't say anything.

"Best croque ever?" I ask instead.

"Best croque ever." He repeats. I laugh softly and feel genuinely happy.

"Sander?" I suddenly hear Britt's voice. It snaps me back into reality, because I have somehow forgotten about the person I came here with.

"Here you are." She says smiling and wraps her hands around my neck to kiss me. I make the kiss short, because Robbe is right behind us, watching.

"Listening to David Bowie again?" She asks rhetorically.

"Yes." I reply. I give Robbe a look to kind of apologise, to show that I want him instead. I don't know if he understood, but I look at Britt again.

"Thank you for making new friends. He didn't bother you with his silly jokes?" She asks Robbe. Silly? My jokes aren't silly in my opinion. Robbe gives a giggle and Britt comes closer for another kiss.

"I need you to do something for me." She says and shows me out the kitchen. I follow her, leaving Robbe behind. Oh how I wanted to stay with him and feed him the rest of that croque.