10 November, Sunday 11:45

I lock myself in my room to escape from everything. Well not everything, my mind is spinning with questions and awful thoughts, it's honestly unbearable. I try to distract myself, but my fingers are too numb to draw and even David Bowie can't help.

"Sander, how are you feeling? I invited Elise and Ella for lunch, they will be here in 10 minutes," my mum says. She tries to open the door but realises that it's locked.

"Open the door, you can't stay in here forever. Please, just tell me what's wrong. You haven't been yourself," she begs.

"It's nothing. I just want to be alone right now," I say.

"You know the twins will be disappointed if you stay in here. Come, have lunch with us. Maybe it will make you feel better," she says.

"Fine, I'll come out," I say.

I don't think anything will make me feel better at the moment, but I don't want to upset anyone today. Especially not the twins, I love them and they are my best friends, and I can't lose them too. I get up, unlock my door and freshen up in the bathroom.

I hear the doorbell ring and prepare myself for their shrieks and laughter. They stand in the doorway with bright smiles and flowers in their arms, sunflowers to be specific.

"We heard you have been down and the sky is grey, so we decided to bring the sun to you," Elise explained.

I smile gratefully and kiss each on the cheek. I take the flowers and place them in a vase with water. They are stunning and they do make me feel a little better.

We sit down to eat, but I barely touch my croque and everyone has concerned expressions.

"Is something wrong with the croque?" my mum asks.

"No, I bet it's delicious. I just can't eat right now," I say apologetically.

She nods and finishes her croque. The twins finish theirs as well and are staring at me expectantly.

"Let's go to my room," I invite Elise and Ella.

I quickly put all the dishes in the dishwasher and go to my room. The twins follow me silently.

"Do you want to tell us what's wrong? We promise we won't say anything to our mother or yours," Ella says.

I think it over and wonder whether I should tell them. I decide that I will, because they will understand and I need to talk to someone, that's not a therapist, about this.

"You know that Robbe guy I told you about?" I ask.

"Yes, how could we forget?" Ella laughs.

"Did you break up with Britt? Is that why you are so sad?" Elise asks.

"No, that's not the reason why... Robbe and I kissed this Wednesday-" I get interrupted by their squeals.

"You have to tell us all about it!" Ella begs. My saddened expression makes her stop and frown.

"I don't think I can... You see, Robbe is the reason why I'm feeling like this. He doesn't like me back and insulted me. I don't know what I did wrong and the pain is unbearable," I sob.

Their smiles disappear and instead they look sad. The twins console and hug me, because they don't know what else to do.

"Oh, Sander. We wish we could help," Elise whispers.

"It's ok, I'll be fine," a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Let's do something else. Do you want to play Uno?" Ella asks. I nod yes and they grab the card game from my drawer.

We play the game until it was time for them to leave. They hug me hard and kiss me on the cheek as they say their goodbyes. I smile weakly and miss them already.