9 November, Saturday 09:15

"Well Sander, what seems to be the problem? Your mum made an emergency appointment yesterday and was quite anxious," the therapist says.

I stare blankly out the window and I don't want to tell her. I don't like talking to therapists about my problems. It feels like they don't understand at all and just say what you want to hear.

"Come on, take your time," she coaxes me.

"Well, I feel like I will never find love again. That I will be alone forever, and die alone," I answer truthfully and run my fingers through my hair.

"What about that girl, Britt? She loves you very much," she says.

"Britt loves the idea of having a boyfriend like me, but she doesn't love me. She doesn't understand me like the way he does," I say, saddened by my own words.

"You don't know if that's true, she cares about you. And what do you mean by 'he'? Are you seeing someone else?" my therapist asks me and takes notes in her notepad.

"I really liked Robbe and I thought he liked me too, but he made it clear yesterday that he does not. He called me slurs and accused me of awful things, and it just broke me. I would have given my heart to him in a flash..." I mutter.

"Sander, a broken heart takes time to mend and you need someone to help you along the way. Maybe you should tell your mother about this so that she can support you where you need it most, because at the moment she believes you are having another episode, when it is not true at all. I don't want you to talk to him ever again, he sounds like an awful person and he needs to learn to love himself first." she advises me.

I want to argue with her and tell her how sweet he is, how charming his smile is, and the way he cares about others. I keep quiet and nod to everything she says. If I agree with everything she says, I can go home earlier and be alone again.

"Was that all? Is there something else you wanted help with?" she asks.

I shake my head no and grab my stuff to leave.

"Sander, you will meet the right person one day. Just take it slowly and you will mentally be where you want to be. Have you tried meditating? It will help you clear your mind for a bit,"

I mutter a thanks and close the door behind me. She prescribed me more anti-depressants, and I grab them from the pharmacy next door. I scan for my mother's car, spot it and climb in.

"Already? That was quick," my mum says.

"Let's go home," I ask.

"Alright, my dear. Shall I call Britt to come over?" she asks.

"No! Please, don't. I want to be alone for a while," I say.

"Ok, let's go," she says.

A few minutes later and I'm back in my room. I stare at my ceiling and wish that I could just disappear. No one would miss me anyways...