The Meeting

(Note: Guys, sorry for some chapters had been late. There has been Typhoon here, at CHRISTMAS day. It was signal number 3, very strong that caused some big chunky trees to fall. Well, it had blacked out too. No internet to publish but I've been writing offline bcuz there's nothing to do. Btw, the other book I have, I think I'll never ever add another chapter again... welp, I'll stick to this one. This chapter is done days ago, I just checked this and all the writings got erased.... F this, it's more late than usual. Thank you ya'll, peace)

The pretty maid has arrived in the meeting room, she was with a boy. That boy was Albert, he was exactly what the portrait had looked like. He went in front of Lala and greeted, "My dear Madame, it is an honour to finally meet you," he bowed.

"Likewise, too Sir Albert." Lala said awkwardly but managed to be charming.

"My, they're starting to be in good terms! As expected of their manners." Jonathan said.

"Indeed! How about we should leave them for a chat?" Frank asked.

"Sure! Now you kids go to the garden." Jonathan told them.

Lala and Albert took a 5 minute walk all throughout the garden's pathway in silence. It was very awkward. Albert took a step forward and blocked Lala's view and turned in front of her.

"Why did you accept my proposal?" He said.

"Huh?"

"My proposal. Why did you accept it?"

"W—Well, I accepted because it—" Before finishing her sentence, she got interrupted by Albert.

"Perhaps you have some certain feelings for me?"

'In your dreams!' She thought but never told him that. "N—No! I accepted it because for my Family, for Nobility you know?"

"Hmm, convincing..." he said in a humming tone. "...for now."

'Somethings off.... well, I'll randomly ask him why he doesn't want me to be his fiancée. Could he have someone he likes?' She thought, she'll try asking him. "Well, Albert. I've curious why wouldn't you want me to be betrothed to you. It's quite normal for a successor to be betrothed to someone unknown..... if they don't have someone to LIKE."

This shocked Albert that he turned red.

'I knew it, it'll be easy to find some answers from him, hehe. He's kinda cute too since he's a tsundere' she thought.

"W—What made you say that?! O-Of c-course I don't like someone...!" He said with his face so red that it made him stumble over his words.

"Well, you wouldn't want me to be your fiancée. Now, who's this girl you like? Is she.... pretty? Or she's sweet and kind? Maybe a friend you met when you were a baby? Or someone you shouldn't have loved....?" She blabbed so much, she saw how Albert reacted to her last question. She panicked about it, she should change the topic.

"UNREQUITED LOVE!" She shouted, so the tense would go away. It was dumb and still the same topic but it worked, Albert blushed up to the peak of his ears that made his whole face into a tomato.

"S-stop it! Why do you keep on torturing me?"

"I'm not torturing you. Well, I have the right you know? The right to know your affairs or whatnots because I'm your FIANCÉE."

"FINE! I'll tell you, when you win." He finally gave up.

"Win what?"

"We'll have a race. The one who reached the top of that tree first," He pointed at a tall tree. "—will be the winner."

"Huh, okay. But why that tree? Couldn't we climb that tree?" She pointed at the tallest tree in the garden.

"Are you that dumb? We're just kids! What kid on earth can climb that high? You're stupider than I thought." He said, not considering Lala's feelings.

'Well, he made a good point, I forgot that I'm in an 8 year old body. C'mon! Why can't I reincarnate in a 16 year old body? Perhaps I'm 24 years old by now, since I've been here with no memories about my past life for 8 long years...' She told herself, disappointed. "Sure, I apologise for my lack of intelligence. So when?"

"Later afternoon."

"Oh, okay. Do we go back for lunch?" She asked.

"Yes." He coldly reply.

'He's back to his self huh? Naturally he's like this, Father told me about that. But earlier, he's so shy!'

Thus they went inside to have lunch.

To be continued....
(Note: Wow! Over 700 words! Before it got erased, it was over 400 words. Thanks to that, I managed to detail the plot for this chapter. Thanks again for reading this!)