The Party

"Lala! My dear daughter, you look stunning!" Lala's father, Frank, complimented her.

"I agree! My daughter looks elegant." His wife chirped.

"Oh wow, I appreciate the compliments. Thank you, my dear parents." Replied Lala.

"Indeed, she has turned into a fine lady, I say." Albert intruded, smiling.

"Thank you, Albert. I'm glad that my daughter has a wonderful fiancé." Frank added.

"Oh my, this is making me look red.." Lala blushed, though it was even more embarrassing to say it out loud.

"Shall we dance then?" Albert asked. It made Lala confused.

"S-sure then." She agreed, she then took his hand which was offered. "We shall dance."

They elegantly walk to the center of the ball. It was fascinating. Their dance that is. The way Albert has been supporting Lala as she is clumsy. He helped her to make to unnoticeable. He has this unique style that made everyone enjoyed. As for Lala, she was just clumsy. But other than that, she is very flexible as she swung through the arms and make a graceful twirl. The both of them look elegant together. After their graceful dance, they went to the side to talk.

"Uh, should I address you as 'Albert'?" Lala suddenly said.

"Yeah, sure you can. But for an exchange, I shall call you 'Lauraleigh', heh." He grinned.

"WAIT WHAT?! Where did you get that? I thought I hid that name forever!" Lala [Lauraleigh] shouted in embarrassment.

"From your mother. She told me that you were too shy to have that name." Albert explained.

"That old damn hag.." Lala fused in anger.

"What was that?" He heard her saying something.

"N-no! It was nothing."

"Sure.. I'll tell your mother that you insulted her."

"What are ya'? A five year old?" Lala said, triggered.

"Hmm, now you used some accents. You have disappoint your mother's teaching. Poor her." Albert said with his grin grew wider.

"P-please no. You can call anything you want! You shouldn't tell my mother, she's very strict. You don't know what she'll do to me..." She begged as she shivered.

"Fine then, Lauraleigh." He smirked. "Actually, I'll just call you 'Laura' since the previous one is too long."

Lala's eyes grew wide with joy, "Oh Albert! Thank you!"

They talked for a while but, "Albert, I would like to talk further but I need to go to the restroom. Excuse me.."

She went inside for a few minutes. After she got out, she thought of something.

'I would like take a walk on the garden. I wouldn't miss the stars today.'

She went out without anyone knowing. She took a three minutes stroll. Unfortunately, she tripped on a rock. She fell down and hit her head first. It wasn't fatal but it was enough to wound her head.

'Huh? I'm bleeding?'

She then suddenly remembered.

To be continued...

(Note: Ayeeee! Wassup! I should probably told you earlier that this book is a slow update one. I know you noticed that but forgive me, I'm still on a writer's block. I probably update once or twice a month. Ehe!)