The Race

Later that day of the meeting, it was a nice afternoon at the Mansion of Blanc. What made it more exciting is that the children had a race.

"Now, we climb!" Albert said, he quickly held the trunk and began climbing. As for Lala, she quickly grab the sturdy low branches and started to climb. Luckily, she was part of a sports club in her past life.

'Oh how lucky I am! I'll be easy on him, he's such a child.' she told herself, too much with determination. Albert though, was too far from the starting line. Shock with herself, she's willing to do all her might.

"Oho! Not much of a lazy bum huh? I see, you practice at defence and stuff." The distance between them got a bit shorter, too quick. She's really fast.

"YES!" Screamed Lala. She whooped when she was the first one to reach above.

"Tch. I should have won." He said in a sour mood.

"Now, tell me." Lala insisted on asking.

"Oh, right. Promises are promises, but we need to go down first."

They climb off the tree. They returned to the pathway of the garden and talked.

"Well?" Asked Lala.

"Well, I do like someone..." He admitted.

"Wait, really?" She was shocked, she didn't expect that he had to admit it too quickly.

"No, I don't." He said.

"What?"

"You really think I would tell you? Shove off, Anderston." He said as he went back and left Lala at the garden.

"He definitely likes someone, I know it." Lala blabbed in front of Duke Jonathan when she went back inside. She didn't noticed she thought things out loud.

"Well, what do you mean Lala?"

"Oh! I'm sorry for thinking out loud."

"That is fine. So you think Albert has someone he holds feelings for?"

"Uh, y-yeah..."

"That is certainly right. He definitely likes someone."

"WAIT WHAT?" Lala screamed. "Oh, pardon me. Continue,"

"You know that maid? His personal maid? He's grown attached to her."

"Why is that, Sir?"

"His mother, didn't have time for him. She's certainly busy at managing as a wife of a Nobleman but she has to leave a maid for care for Albert. The maid has been taking good care of him since he was a baby." Sir Jonathan explained.

"Oh! I understand that, the maid you mean is the pretty maid I saw earlier?"

"Jealous much?" He teased.

"N-no!" She responded, flustered. Suddenly, she heard Nana calling to her, "Your Grace! It's time to leave!"

"Well, you might go now. I'll continue our discussion on the very next time you visit." Sir Jonathan kindly said, meaning he's looking forward.

"I'll see to it, Sir. Bye for now..." Thus she went on.

(Note: I'm sorry for the late update! I was so upset of the results of my exam, tho I just failed one subject and got some high scores.... not trying to brag. I'll try to be on time next time. Btw, next update will be 2 days from now...? Thanksssss)