Chapter 31: I Promise

August POV:

Coming back home... Happy ! Got flowers in my hand... Ready to take my girl out to eat... It's the day before my daughter will be born and I received good news that Morgan and I will be receiving a gift from the president. I'm just so happy and can't nothing change my happines-

August spotted Morgan on the floor crying. She didn't notice that he walked in.

"Baby... What's wrong ?" He said, walking towards her. Whipping her tears quick off of her face as she stood up.

"Nothing. Umm... I'll be running late... Gotta go somewhere." I said, trying to walk out.

"No... Baby... Come here?" August said, pulling me closer to him, holding my hands.

"It's nothing August... I'm fine.." I said, wanting him to let me go, hiding my tears.

"Baby... Talk to me... What's wrong ? I'm here to listen. Is it me? If so, just tell me what I need to do to bring a smile back to your face." August said, wondering why I'm so upset.

"No August... You're fine... You did everything and you did enough... It's me giving you a hard time." I said, a tear rolling down my face.

"Morgan... What are you talking about? You're fine... You don't give me a hard time. And if so, I still love you because you push me farther and farther.

"August... I don't think I'm ready to have a baby. After all, growing up without a mother in my childhood... I don't want to be that same woman. I want to be a good mom.. I want to be a good wife... I just want to be-" I then got cut off.

"Shhhh... Baby... You are perfect... You are perfect to me.. Perfect to my momma and you'll be perfect for our daughter. And you'll always be perfect in my eyes no matter what happens. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean you won't be perfect... I promise.. Everything's gonna be ok." August said.

"You promise?" I asked, wiping my tears off my face.

"Yes... I love you." August said, kissing me softly, lifting my chin up.

~Minutes later; the hospital called us saying that Crissey was in labor with our baby. You don't know how excited we were and we rushed out of the house to go to he hospital.