Chapter 4

"Kyungsoo come sit on the sofa with Taemin, I will close the curtains". Baekhyun hurries to the large penthouse windows pulling across the really long  curtains hoping that the storm doesn't pick up something and smack it off the windows. "I really don't like this storm" Kyungsoo says making Baekhyun move back towards him on the sofa as he rocks Taemin in his arms. "Hey it will be ok, let's talk to drown out the noise ok" Baekhyun smiles touching taemin's little baby fist with his.

"My arms are really sore" Kyungsoo looks down at his beautiful son smiling up at him. "Please Kyungsoo put taemin down on the sofa you can't hold him all the time. He will be ok, we can both sit either side of him". Baekhyun watches as he knows he is right. Kyungsoo has hardly put the baby down since they first met. "I'm just so scared of this storm and I can't stop thinking of what if I was left out there in the storm and nobody stopped to help me" Kyungsoo starts to sob as baekhyun moves closer taking Taemin from his arms and sitting him on the sofa between them with cushions around him. "Now little man let's give your appas arms a rest and you sit there like a good baby" Baekhyun smiles as Taemin gives him a gummy smile. "Taemin will be ok like this, let's give your arms a break ok" Baekhyun touches Kyungsoo hand but this time the smaller doesn't flinch. "I guess I was just afraid...." Kyungsoo says before bursting out crying trying to hide it from his son as Baekhyun gets on his knees in front of him lifting up his chin so he can see him a bit better. "You need to rest those arms you are holding him alot and when he really needs you to hold him and comfort him then you will be able to hold him without your arms feeling weak. As for the other thing I picked you up off the side of the road you are safe now here with me, you both are, please don't think back on what could have happened think more along the lines of what's going to happen. You start a job with me and Taemin comes along too. Everything will work out after this storm I promise you". Kyungsoo wipes his tears knowing Baekhyun is right he and his baby are ok and safe.

"I know I'm so sorry for getting upset" kyungsoo says making baekhyun smile. "Can I give you a proper hug as a thank you?" kyungsoo says taking baekhyun off guard that he wants to touch him. "Of course" Baekhyun stands up as kyungsoo follows his lead as they stand awkward in front of eachother. Slowly kyungsoo steps closer nervously as baekhyun takes charge and closes the gap between them wraping his arms around the smallers waist as kyungsoo hugs him  back around this neck. A second into the hug and kyungsoo starts to relax feeling much more safer then before. Baekhyun notices and starts to smile a little as they continue to hug. Baekhyun starts to feel something but isn't quite sure what is coming over him. Whatever it is, it is making him not want to let the smaller go. Kyungsoo starts to pull away slowly looking at baekhyun as they both catch eachothers eyes. Staying like this staring into eachothers eyes baekhyun on the  inside is fighting with wanting to kiss the smaller but holds back not wanting to ruin anything. Kyungsoo on the other hand is thinking the same. He wants baekhyun to kiss him so badly he wants to feel his lips on his. He fights with his inner self telling him not too that taemin's daddy isn't long gone. "Are you ok?" Baekhyun speaks making kyungsoo nod. "Yes sorry I just haven't had a hug in awhile" Kyungsoo says while embrassed at how lame that sounds. "Hey everyone needs a hug now and then" Baekhyun smiles as he pulls kyungsoo into his body closer giving him a really strong bear hug making kyungsoo start to giggle at Baekhyun's actions. Slowly kyungsoo starts to think again as baekhyun loosens the grip of the hug.
The smaller wants to take the risk and kiss baekhyun but is scared he will kick him out or treat him differently while he is here so he holds back as he gently pulls away from the hug sitting back down on the sofa beside taemin who is gurgling making baby sounds.

Baekhyun walks to the kitchen to try sort his emotions out at what just happened. He knows it was just a hug but deep down he wanted it to be more, he wanted to kiss kyungsoo so badly more then he ever has anyone else. He felt something in the hug when kyungsoo relaxed, did he want the same?.  Grabbing some junk food from the kitchen cupboards he heads back to the sitting room not wanting what they just did to be awkward between them.