Chapter 5

Waking during the night to little tugs on my hand I lift my head from the floor to see taemin awake kicking his feet.
"Hey what has you awake huh?" I sit up and look towards Kyungsoo still sleeping on the sofa. Smiling I lift up taemin onto my lap and look at my watch, 1am. "You should be asleep little man, let me sing you a song" I hold him close to me as I pat his back gently rocking him as he looks over my shoulder. Humming a lullaby I feel him stop moving. Turning my head a little I see him laying on my shoulder eyes closed. I can't help but smile at his cuteness. I continue to rock him but more slowly this time coming to a stop as I try move him to lay him back down but he stirs and wakes a little making me stand up and move towards the sofa the far end of Kyungsoo . Sitting down on the sofa I snuggle him into me again as I get comfortable placing a light blanket on him as I hum the same lullaby till he is out cold again.

I feel my eyes get heavy as I slowly drift off to sleep.

Kyungsoo pov

Waking up to movement at my feet. I look at the floor where baekhyun and my son where sleeping to see they are not there. Lifting my head to look around I see them both the end of the sofa near my feet fast asleep. Slowly sitting up not to disturb them I can't help but smile at the sight before me. Taemin my son snuggling into a stranger and fast asleep. I feel myself get rather emotional that I cover my mouth to stop any sounds escaping. I wish my partner was here with us holding our son but instead he is past and I am now in the home of a stranger who is holding my son while he sleeps. Is this guy an angel, has my partner sent him to me.

Getting up from the sofa I hurry into the bathroom with the light on my phone to guide the way. Closing the door over a little I sit on the lid of the toilet I begin to cry. Covering my mouth realising the worst place to cry is the bathroom as its tiled and makes noises a little louder.

"Kyungsoo are you ok?" I hear him outside the bathroom door making me jump. "Ye..... Yes I'm ok, one second" I grab some tissue and wipe my face before I pull open the door. "Hey are you alright?" he looks at me with so much concern. "I'm just a little emotional, where is taemin?" I walk past him as a massive flash fills the room followed by thunder making me hurry towards Taemin on the sofa with cushions all around him.

"He is fine" baekhyun stands behind me as I'm on my knees beside the sofa fixing my sons blanket. "I saw you both snuggled on the chair and it made me emotional" I tell him as he gets on his knees beside me.

"You have been through alot I wish this storm would pass so you could get another good night's sleep" he tells me making me turn to sit on the floor leaning my back against the sofa. "I will be ok thanks to you" I smile before looking away as I find myself blushing at his smile.

The storm is howling again outside making me pull my knees up close to my chest. "It will pass dont worry" baekhyun touches my hand in comfort making me look at him before my smile starts to fade and I find myself moving closer to him but the crazy thing is he is doing the same. We get so close inches apart and he stops as if he is waiting for me to make the connection. I take a little breath and press my lips against his. We begin to ever so softly kiss. Feeling his hand travel up to my cheek cupping it as he kisses me so lovingly. I melt at his gentle touch knowing its been such a long time since I have kissed anyone.

Slowly I pull away hiding my face with embarrassment  letting out a little laugh. I look up to see him smiling at me as I move closer again and kiss him more. This kiss feels so much better then the first that I let out a little groan before pulling away and covering my face.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" I mumble as I hear him laugh "It's ok don't be sorry you couldn't help it" he says making me look up at him with a flush red face.

"I'm so emotional and......" he stops me by putting his finger on my lips. "You don't need to explain, I understand, how about a cold drink, the stuff in the fridge should be still cold since we haven't opened it in awhile?" he says getting up from the floor as I just nod yes watching him walk towards the kitchen.

I can't help but smile a little at our kiss, is it wrong of me to have done that, will he think I have taken advantage of his kindness and kissed him." Here you go" he returns with two bottles of water handing me one. Twisting the lid off I nearly down the whole bottle. "Wow you were thirsty" he smiles as he sips his.

"Yeah its rather warm in here.... I mean with the fire lighting" I try save myself from acting like a fool but I fail.

"Kyungsoo I'm sorry if I went too far with kissing you but I think it's what we both wanted right?" he says making me wish the floor would open up and take me now. "I wanted to but now I feel like you will think its because you saved me" I look at him as he shakes his head. "I kissed you because I wanted to and for no other reason" he reaches out and touches my hand giving it a little squeeze. "Same" I tell him blushing as he smiles at me. "Your so beautiful when you smile kyungsoo, I know you have fallen on hard times and this is all so emotional for you but I still meant what I said earlier about the job and a place to live, I will still help you and a amazing kiss won't change that" he winks at me before taking another sip of his drink.

"Thank you" I exhale as if all my stress is gone and relax alot more. "I think I will try sleep again" I whisper as he moves away from the sofa. "I think you should cause this little man will be wide awake soon" baekhyun smiles touching taemins hand before laying back on the floor in front of the fire. Laying down on the outside with taemin on the inside I snuggle in holding his little hand. Turning a little I see baekhyun laying on his back with one hand over his head as if he is thinking something.

"Goodnight baekhyun" I whisper as he turns and smiles

"Goodnight kyungsoo sweetdreams"

I turn around smiling to myself thinking of the kiss then my mind starts to think of my partner. Is this all wrong, he did say to find love again before he passed, could it be with baekhyun. Shaking my head I close my eyes and drift off to sleep thinking of our kiss.

❤️C ❤️

Finally a kiss

Lots of love

Cclay2020