Chapter 9

Baekhyun's pov

The week has finally passed and the storm has gone. Today is the day Kyungsoo gets to meet all of us together. I got up early and cleaned the place while Kyungsoo and Taemin were having some alone time. I think he just needed some alone time to set his mind for today. I warned the others again last night on the phone not to push him for questions. They were all in shock to hear the news during the week when I rang them to tell them the situation in a group chat. They were rather upset also to find out the news about Kai's death and how he is leaving behind a little family.

The buzzer for the door goes making me look over the room one more time as I hurry to answer it.

"Hi Baekhyun sir, the food has arrived, is it ok to let them up now?"

"Yes please that will be great thank you"

I hang up the little phone attached to the wall beside the door and take a deep breath. I find myself rather nervous that this is all happening. I just hope I can make it a good day for us all. I open the door to see the delivery guys from the local restaurant just outside pushing in all the food in a tall hot box. "Where would you like the hot boss sir?" he asks as I show him to the kitchen. "Thank you all very much and here is a tip" I hand them all some money as they bow in thanks and leave.

"Baekhyun you didn't need to go through all this" I turn to see Kyungsoo standing behind me alone with tears in his eyes dressed really smart looking. "Hey this is nothing really and Kai deserves it" I touch his arm trying to comfort him as he walks towards the large balcony windows looking out. "Is Taemin asleep?" I walk closer to him as he turns and smiles. "Yeah, I thought he could have a nap before all the craziness starts" he smiles lightly making me relax a little. "Everything will be fine today the guys are really nice." I move into the kitchen making sure I have everything as the door knocks making us both look towards each other. "Just breathe ok" I wink at him as I rush to the door opening it.

"Hey boss" Sehun smiles as he steps in with Suho. "Don't call me that today" I tease him back as he steps inside. "So where are your guests?" Suho asks with a whisper as I close the door behind him. "Just inside" I tell him as I follow them close behind.

No pov.

"Something smells delicious" Sehun walks ahead into the kitchen sniffing out the food. Upon entering the kitchen he spots who could only be the person Baekhyun told him about on the phone. "Hi" Sehun stops in his tracks as Kyungsoo turns on the kettle. "Sehun and Suho this is D.O Kyungsoo" Baekhyun introduces them as they shake hands. "Fancy some coffee?" Kyungsoo says with nerves as Suho moves closer. "You go sit I'll do that, baek might finally let me touch his good coffee, he has expensive taste in case you didn't notice" Suho teases as baekhyun just rolls his eyes making Kyungsoo smile.

More knocking on the door makes Sehun run towards the door to answer it. Voices fill the room as more people arrive. Kyungsoo nearly starts to hug himself, feeling a lot more nervous now than he was a few moments ago. "Hey, we might all be loud when we get together but I promise we don't bite'' Suho hands Kyungsoo a cup of coffee as he stays with him as a sort of back up.

"Oh man I am starving" Chanyeol walks in opening the hot box to a slap from Baekhyun to close it. "Wow you're nice to your guests, Not" Chanyeol rubs his hand. "Wait until it's time to eat " Baekhyun scolds him as Chanyeol spots Suho and another male talking. "Kyungsoo this is Chanyeol and his partner Luhan, and this is Chen and Minseok" Baekhyun introduced them all as they all shook hands with Baekhyun watching Kyungsoo very closely hoping he would settle a little more and try to relax.

"Nice to meet you Kyungsoo, sorry you had to meet us all like this under these circumstances' ' Chanyeol says as his boyfriend smacks his arm "Baby hush up" Luhan says making Kyungsoo laugh. "it's ok I know what you mean and I guess we need to talk about it. That's what we are here for right" Kyungsoo says, making Baekhyun proud. "Ok who wants drinks?" Baekhyun says making them all agree as they all help themselves as Baekhyun makes his way over to Kyungsoo to check in on him.