That's Not Love

This was written for Acting73 I hope it's okay.

Couple of things to preface before start. I do not share this opinion of Anthony Quinlan it was just the person who requested this chapter's choice. I'm sure he was never this way to Dianne and it ended mutually. I'm just writing the request.

Second of all, and more importantly, this chapter deals with physical violence and abuse. Please please read with caution and feel free to ask me if you have any more questions about what this chapter contains.

Now that's out of the way, on with the chapter.

"Where are you going?" Its his voice, menacing and cold. It's enough to make her flinch, as she pulls a coat on despite it being August.

"T-to," stop stuttering Dianne, he'll get you again, "to erm, pro rehearsals. I'll be late if I don't get erm, get going, it's the first one."

"Bloody Strictly, seems to take up your entire life. I was hoping we could go to the cinema. See a film."

"We could g-go later, I'll be back at about 5." She replied, fiddling with her shoelace, that was already triple knotted, so that she didn't have to look in his eyes. She knew what she would see if she did- they haunted her enough already.

"We won't be able to fuck in the dark then, too busy." Dianne shivered, that sounded awful. She was glad pro rehearsals were there to stop it.

"Can I go now? I think my car's waiting." Dianne had her hand on the snip, starting to slide it across.

"Come here, you've forgotten." His voice was sweet and gentle again.

She turned on her heal and walked over to where she knew he was, stopping before she collided with his goliath like body. "You weren't going to say goodbye. That's not nice. You need to say goodbye to your boyfriend."

"Bye Anthony, I really have to get going."

"And no kiss, my God you might be hot but you're fucking stupid," he grabbed her hand and spun her to face him. The other landed on her face and he pulled her quickly in to a kiss that was wet and left her wanting to brush her teeth with bleach. His words had stung and the moment she got out of the flat, glad she had remembered her bag, she wiped away a tear and quickly scuttled to her waiting car.

"Are you alright miss?" The driver, who was employed by Strictly asked.

"Yes, sorry, just hate goodbyes." She lied sitting up straight.

"Don't we all, so I presume who ever you said goodbye to won't be there when you get back tonight."

"He's back off to work." She answered, well lied.

"Work away does he?"

Dianne smiled and nodded, looking at her phone seeing that she had a message from Oti and one from Amy.

Oti: di stop bonking that man of yours and get your arse in, you're late.

Amy: where are you? You're 40 minutes late. Did you forget it was today that it started? Are you okay?

Dianne punched back a generic reply and then closed her eyes keen to fall into a sleep to a dream of a life where she didn't feel trapped. Or lost. Or broken. Or used. Or far from safe.