Can't Believe

This part was requested by joannefanaccount sorry it's taken so long, I hope you enjoy xx

Joe stretched, as he walked over to the floor length curtains, his back turned to his wife, who was feeding their baby in the darkness. With a yawn her opened them, bathing his wife, their baby and their grand bedroom in spring sunlight. He closed his eyes turning his face towards the sun, that was high above a nearby hill, drinking in their beautiful garden and the surrounding fields.

"Its a nice day," he pointed out, climbing back in next to her, hand resting on their son's head.

"It is, I think maybe we could let Ezzy-Bear have an explore outside." Dianne replied in a high pitched voice, as she talked to their baby. She had always sworn that she'd never be one of those parents that used 'baby talk' but she couldn't help it, her voice got instantly squeakier the minute she spoke to him.

"Is that okay? Will he be alright and stuff?"

"He will, grass and mud are good for him- builds up his immune system," Dianne was very used to Joe's thousands of questions by now. He was a nervous parent and even after having him for four months, she still found herself answering his boundless questions.

"Okay but is it okay if I give him a bath right after?" Joe was ringing his hands.

"Yes, come on, let's have breakfast outside! We used to do that so much back in the day," she suggested, climbing out of bed, still feeding Ezrah.

Joe pulled her into a hug and kissed each of them on the head, "finish feeding him first though right, and put a hat on his bald head."

"Oh Daddy's being a meanie Ezzy, just because his hair line's receding," Dianne stroked her son's cheek, as they walked through to the beautiful kitchen that Joe had designed himself with the help of a carpenter. Their house was predominantly on one floor. It was a 'U- shaped' barn conversion that Joe had completely designed from scratch with an architect for him and Dianne and their future family. The build had finished 4 weeks before Dianne's due date and had given her the perfect opportunity to 'nest' to her heart's content. Ezrah had his own, decent sized room next to theirs and the cool contemporary mezzanine provided the couple with an office space, and likely in the future a play room. It had an additional two bedrooms and ample opportunity to build more should they need. The property also had a few out buildings, one of which had a thatched roof, that Joe had plans for including an art studio and a few dance studios where Dianne could teach Ballroom and Latin from, as Ezrah and his future siblings grew up.

"Not cool, I was born with this hairline. Plus, how do you know Ezrah's not going to get the same one?" Joe retorted, running a hand through the mop of hair on his head.

"Because his baby hairs say otherwise, can I have a coffee please?" She noticed he was making himself a coffee and felt the need to remind him that she liked it too.

"The coffee is for you, I'm having tea," he rolled his eyes at her, "sit down, it's not good for your back to be standing and feeding him."

"I'm fi-" Joe's stern look stopped her from completing her sentence and forced her to make her way to the couch where her phone was sat on the coffee table.

"Joseph?" she said sweetly, leaning back to look at him in the kitchen.

"Yes my love?"

"Can you get me a thing to charge my phone, it's ran out of battery."

"I can, first though," he said, placing some vitamins in her hand along with the coffee.

"Thanks," she said, kissing his cheek quickly, "Daddy is good Ezzy."