Labels

"Just stay professional," Joe reminded his body, as his heartrate picked up at the sight of Dianne through the training room door. His heart clearly didn't get the message, increasing further, so his brain kept them stalling by staring through the door- watching her dance, eyes shut. She wasn't dancing any routine Joe had ever seen, and he somehow didn't think it was for the show. Nor, he realised, as his heart still traitorously beat, was it choreographed. The woman he had kissed on his sofa the night before. The one who he had profusely apologised to and said that they should stay friends despite everything feeling so right. She, Dianne, was dancing completely from the heart- it was mesmerising and made his body do the opposite to 'keeping it professional'.

"Joseph," she pulled the door open, "how long have you been watching?"

"Oh, I er, I," his face turned a deep shade of scarlet and all the words tumbled out of his head, leaving him opening and shutting his mouth like an especially stupid goldfish. Not one of the ones that predicts scores or can swim through hoops. No, he was like one of those ones that floated upside down staring at a specific pebble for no reason.

"Ready to cha cha?"

"Erm."

"Come on," Dianne seemed to have pushed the heart stopping moment from her mind, so Joe followed suit and quickly got ready. It took longer than usual though, because at every moment, his eyes found Dianne. Still he managed, blindly tying laces and tucking and untucking tops.

"Come on Sugg, we might manage an hour off for lunch if we get going," Dianne clapped, when he finally tied the lace on his left Latin shoe.

Joe nodded and got up, gulping down his feelings. He wanted nothing more than to hold her. The youtuber found himself wishing he was doing Faye's number, or Danny's. A Rumba or a Viennese Waltz. Where it was choreographed closeness. Where she could hang onto him and he could prove he was strong. Prove himself to her even though they would never be.

Dianne looked over her shoulder at him. Joe had come closer. She turned to look back at her phone, trying to find the music, and tried to stop herself jumping, as his hand touched her neck. It was nearly over the tattoo, that was normally hidden by her hair. She didn't know what he was doing but her body trusted him. It wasn't clear until she felt a piece of fabric become pressed to her upper back.

"Your label," his voice was gravelly and sent a shiver rippling through her mindless body.

"Tha-" she turned again.

Joe could have sworn his body moved on its own. His mind was still stuck on how on earth the cha cha started. It moved on its own and met her lips. Unlike his low volume, low tone voice, that was almost a bit harsh, the kiss was delicate. It was gentle and, even though they were far from admitting it, screamed I love you in fifty dialects. It was enough for both of them to realise the panicked decision they came to the previous night was a stupid one. That even if it ruined their lives it was worth the way their body's felt together. Worth it for the simple things like Dianne balling his top in her fist and Joe's legs quaking in place. For the tremble in her hand and the steadiness of his as he caressed her cheek. It was all so, so worth it.

"Er, labels."

"Labels," Dianne nodded and crashed her lips against his again, forgetting for a moment, where they were, and even who he was. Not who she was kissing, no, but forgetting how she knew him. Who he was to her.

It was the best kiss she had ever experienced. She didn't want it to ever end. She never wanted to stop her hand slightly pulling the baby hairs. She wanted Joe's hand to always be rubbing her lower back. She wanted it, because in that juncture in time she felt safe. She felt loved. And she felt an overwhelming peace. And it was the second time she had felt it all. All because of him.

"I don't want to be just fr-"

"Good," another kiss, stronger this time; hungrier, "me too. Fuck that."

Joe pulled away though, it took all of his willpower to do but he did. He looked down into her eyes, properly for the first time. He noticed they were almost amber. He also remarked that they sparkled and, he was sure it was just in this moment, they looked as though they had every emotion poured into them. She blinked and a tear rolled down her cheek, which he caught with his thumb, "in here, we need to work. You need to be able to show them your choreography."

"We, need to," she said, and ran to press play on the music, a steal focus back in her eyes, as their emotion drained away. Joe grinned and walked over to his position. Whilst she struggled to play the music, he allowed his finger to run the length of his lips.

That. They, had been even better than the first.

Only a short one! What did you think?