Incredible

This is an AU that I really enjoyed writing. I'm sorry it's been a little while since I posted, I've been focusing my energy on writing one shots for my upcoming Two Becomes Three One Shot boom which is still pretty far from being done, but slowly getting to a point where I should be able to post!

Anyway, hope you lot enjoy, I'm sure you will!

"Daddy, don't cry," Dianne said, putting her hands on his face, which was wet with tears already, "it's a good thing, I get to do what I love and meet new people like me!"

"I know, I know, it's just so far, Dot."

"It won't feel like that, I'll call all the time and I'll be back in December, like really early and then it's like only June!"

Mark nodded and pulled his baby girl, who was more grown up than ever before, into a huge hug, freely allowing himself the luxury of crying. He didn't care that society and, well, his very own upbringing, told him not to cry. Told him to hold in his emotion until he was in private or, in most cases, forever. Today he was leaving his little girl, his fifteen-year-old girl, in England, to study somewhere she loved, doing something she loved and all for free as well. Today he would let himself cry- he deserved it.

"Mark, hurry up, she's to be back upstairs in 10 minutes and I haven't said goodbye."

"It's gonna be alright Dad."

Mark pulled back and took in his daughter's features once more, from her little button nose, to the rosy hue that dusted her cheeks in the early September English sunshine. He took in her eyes, the very same ones all of his children had, though noted that hers, even with them glistening with tears, sparkled that little bit more, "I know, love you."

Dianne nodded, her lip wobbling, "love you too."

"Right," she felt her mum pull her over, "make sure you separate your clothes, I know they wash 'em for you but still. If in doubt of anything, ask your new roommate, she seemed lovely and she's been there a while, hasn't she?"

Dianne nodded; she had been warmly welcomed by her roommate who was very enthusiastic about everything. "You can call whenever Dot, even if it wakes us up. If you don't like the food let us know and we'll send you extra money so you can buy a fridge or whatever. It looked nice though. Now," Rina sighed, tucking her daughter's hair behind her ear, "if you feel unwell, unwell at all, even if it's your period, you tell the house mistress. You have plenty of medicines in the bin under your bed but just in case."

"I'm not telling her I'm on my period," Dianne argued.

"But you get pretty unwell Darling, it would be wise."

The teenager rolled her eyes and looked at her mum to carry on, the time ticking away, not wanting to get told off in her fourth hour of being there. "Yeah so tell someone if you feel unwell. You can call us whenever," she repeated, "make sure you do your homework early, like the day it was set. Make sure you prove to them why they offered you this scholarship, alright?"

"I will, I won't let you down."

"You never would. Come here," she pulled her daughter into a hug and let the inevitable tears fall, her heart feeling heavy at the notion of leaving their daughter 9000 miles away from home, in a place that was unfamiliar and unlike anywhere the little working-class Australian family had ever been. "Dot," she said into the top of her head, "if you feel unhappy at all or unsafe, you can come home, you don't have to muscle it out."