Tommy

Completely posted this on the wrong story.... whoops. Anyhow read away xx

"Hello," Joe called, as he let himself into the flat he shared with his long term roommates Dianne and Byron. Unsurprisingly there was no response, Dianne was usually out dancing during the day and Byron nearly always had his headphones on, working on new music or discovering underground artists he could work with in the future. Joe was an online talent manager and had dabbled in the profession himself. Collectively they were an odd bunch to be sharing the three bedroom flat but somehow it worked and had done for nearly three years.

Joe took his tight business shoes off and rubbed his little toe in an attempt to bring it back to life, having lost feeling of it at 9 than morning. He took the warm suit jacket off and hung it on the banister so he would remember to take it upstairs and hang it back up. Lastly he loosened the tie and pulled it over his head before undoing his top button and setting off for their living room kitchen area for a beer and maybe some food.

"Oh," Joe stopped in his tracks, almost as soon as he stepped through the doors. Dianne, who he was certain should have been at work was lying kn her side on the sofa, "what's wrong, Di?" He questioned, making a beeline for the sofa.

Dianne opened one eye and then immediately shut it, "m sick."

"Pardon?" Joe asked, hand on her leg, which was covered in one of Dianne's colourful throws. Her response had been muffled by the sofa which her face was pressed into.

"I've caught something, I'm ill."

"Oh no," Joe leaned and put his hand on her forehead, "yeah, you're burning up."

"I'm not surprised," she responded pulling a pillow closer to her chest, "I've been sick like five times. Johannes made me come home. He wanted to look after me but he's not good with sick."

"Well I'm glad Johannes did, let's get you a bin so you have somewhere close by and get you an electrolyte drink," Joe said, having decided he'd be the one to look after his Australian roommate.

"It's okay Joe, 'm fine by myself."

"No, let me," he insisted, rubbing her side, a pout on his face.

Too ill and too tired to argue anymore, Dianne closed her eyes, as he put another blanket over her, probably because she had just shivered. She clutched the pillow and listened to Joe shuffle around their kitchen, humming to himself. "Di?"

"What?" She asked quietly.

"Do you want me to ring Tom?" She knew this would happen eventually, in fact Johannes had already brought up Tom when she first lost he breakfast in the studio bin. Tom was her, well he wasn't her boyfriend but he was more than casual sex and she knew if she called him he'd be over in and instant to look after her. But she couldn't bring herself to do it, she had a horrible feeling that being cared for by your more than casual sex but not boyfriend person meant that she would wake up feeling better... with a boyfriend. Tom was lovely but there was something preventing her from taking it to the next level and she couldn't figure out what.

"No, thank you."

"Okay, well here, a bin, with a bag for easy clean up, some electrolytes and mint tea because I heard it helps with tummies and I bet yours hurts."

"Thank you," Dianne yawned, lifted her head enough to sip the tea, which she could tell Joe had cooled down for her and then laid back down pulling the blanket up herself.

"The pleasure is mine, Di, if you need anything just shout," he said, perched on the sofa and rubbed her back for a minute or two until she drifted off, then walked back into the kitchen to grab the beer and go to his room.