Drawers

"I got you a present," Joe said, once they had finished filming their semi-final reaction video and ordered some 'healthy' food in the form of Nando's.

"Oh Joey! Why?" She asked, looking at the cardboard box he had hauled onto the counter.

"I don't know, this is our last week, I wanted to give you something. To remember? I guess?"

"I'm not going anywhere, you dufus, well Australia but then right back into your arms."

"I know, hopefully this present says that," Joe said, earning a funny look from her, as he sat next to her, "just open it."

Dianne rolled her eyes at his obvious nervousness and stood on the footrest of the wobbly bar stool, so she was tall enough to see the top of the box. She put her hand on the first part of the lid and looked at Joe who was biting his lip. With extreme effort, she managed to stifle a laugh and leaned down, pecking his lips. "I'm sure I'll like it."

"Mm."

"Is it a live animal, your literal shit or vomit?"

"No?" Joe furrowed his eyebrows at her, it was such a strange thing to ask.

"Then I'm sure I'll love it, ready?" Dianne asked, giggling, he was being so serious.

She lifted the flaps and looked in, her eyebrows furrowing now. Inside the big brown box was what appeared to be a wooden drawer. The dancer reached in and pulled it out looking at Joe who was scratching the back of his neck. "Is this, are you pranking me, is this an inside joke I've forgotten about?"

"No," he said to his aching feet, not meeting her eyes.

"No to what?" She asked, hand on his knee, wooden drawer in front of her on the counter.

"No to it all, erm, come with me," Joe said, taking the hand that was on his knee, still not making eye contact. Dianne kissed his cheek and grabbed the mysterious drawer, following him, hand squeezing his in comfort. She followed silently up the stairs and into his beautiful room, with its view of London and its intimate memories.

"Close your eyes."

"Close my eyes?"

"Yes," he nodded, "please?"

Dianne giggled and shut her eyes, squeezing his hand again, "do I still need this or can I hold both your hands if I'm going in blind?"

"Keep hold, come on," he said, voice still laced with nervousness.

"If you're taking me to kill me with a random drawer couldn't you wait until Saturday when I've been in the strictly final?" Dianne joked, as Joe slowly guided her.

"4 steps."

"This is scary."

"Okay, stand there," Joe said, lowly.

Dianne giggled with nervous excitement, feeling his hands arrive on her eyes.

"Open," he said, pulling his hands off her eyes, stepping to the side of her.

"Hmm?" Dianne was stood in front of a half empty wardrobe she knew hadn't been filled with much more than summer clothes last time she looked.

"The drawer, erm, is for here," he pointed to a gap in a set of 4 drawers.

"Wow, that really is regifting," Dianne attempted to joke, in order to ease the tense confusion hanging between them.

"No, you don't understand. That drawer is now yours, so is this one and this one, this one and this wardrobe bit."