Pissy

"Joe," Dianne shouted, hand rested on her hip as she looked at the sparse cabinet, desperate to get up to bed and rest.

"Joseph," she shouted again, louder this time, harsher.

"I swear to god Joe Sugg you better answer me," Dianne yelled, her face heating up with anger that she didn't know she had in her that evening. In fact, she didn't know she had anything other than a need to go to sleep in her, that evening. Her tone shocked her but seemed to work as she heard a small kafuffle ensue nearby.

"Did you call?" Joe asked, strutting, in Dianne's eyes, into the living space, holding a controller.

"For five frickin minutes, yeah."

"Oops, sorry, I was a bit engrossed, how can I help, is it dessert time?" He asked cheekily, trying his best ease the tension he had discovered via the shortness of her tone.

"You know what, fuck off."

"Fuck off? Why?" Joe laughed, covering his new found nervousness.

"Because fuck you that's why, go on," she shooed, now seething.

"No."

"No? Why 'no'?"

"Because you obviously wanted me to come in here, and I want to know what for? What can I help you with, why did you need me?"

Dianne paused, forcing her brain to go back to her original need for her irritating boyfriend, "I need a plate. There's no plates."

"Oh, I think we used the last one at dinner, you'll have to wash one up probably," Joe shrugged and turned to leave, sensing it was time to leave her and her crap mood be.

"Me?"

"Mmhmm."

"Why can't you do it?"

"Why can't I do it," Joe whirled around and walked over to directly opposite her, separated by the counter, "well, I could but considering it's you that wants the plate and not me, it seems only fair that you wash it up. Plus, I mean, I cooked so you get to wash up. That's the usual deal isn't it?"

"So, can you?"

"Wash you up a plate?"

"And a mug and," she opened the kitchen drawer, "yeah, a knife and a spoon."

"Shall I do the rest of the shitting washing up too then, Dot?" Joe said giving her a sarcastic smile, not budging, his girlfriend was perfectly capable of doing the washing up herself.

"Ooh, yes please?"

"Get a grip Di, it's your job for tonight."

"But, you're not doing anything," she countered, beginning to get angry again.

"Except," he held up the controller, "I am."

"What stupid video games? Come off it."

"You come off it, what are you doing except standing in the kitchen complaining to me about a lack of dishes you can easily solve yourself?"

"I, I," she stuttered.

"Seems pretty clear to me."

"Fine then fuck off you something or other," she hissed, she didn't have time for this, she wanted to go to bed and sleep her worries away. But not before having a herbal tea and a piece of toast.

"Why are you in such a pissy mood?"

"That's it," she picked up the tea towel and threw it at him, it missed but he got the point.