Lagertha Ivanovich.5

For a reason I felt empowered. I felt alive and dead at the same time.

My mind wasn't on its fours.
Let alone my body.
He got off the bed and went back to his seat.

"You can leave. For now I have important business to attend to. We will proceed on my time of choosing. I'll have my chauffeur come pick you up whenever I feel." He said confidently and leaving.

I cursed my self for I believed I was a bad fortune.
Did I do something wrong? I asked my self as I wore my clothes.

I went home earlier than I expected.
My mind was covered with his features.
My eyes sunk with his face.
My nose engulfed by his wildly scent.
My mouth burning from his mere sensation.

My head was heavy. Dizzy.
"Madam! Madam!" I heard a voice from afar.
"Madam!" I looked at my side seeing one of the maids.
"Yes? My apologies. What is it?"
"Mr. Ivanovich is summoning you to his office."
"Am on my way."

I straightened my dress before I got the chance to get outside.
I walked down the corridor spotting his office. I knocked the door thrice and waited for a response.

"Come in." I entered the room carefully closing the door behind. I walked further near his desk and took a halt. "I am here as you asked, sir."

He concentrated on his work as he tries to ignore me.
He then looked up.

"How did it go?" He asked.
Its not like it was his business but I had to answer.
"It went well, sir."

"Mm. And I hope your act of seducing him is going well and on track? Huh?"
"He does not show any interest, sir."

He sighed and woke up from his chair. He crossed over to the side of the table and leaning on it. It seemed today he was not in a bad mood.

"Sweet, sweet Lagertha. Do I look like someone who needs to argue with you? Huh? The thing is that I don't let men feel more superior than me, love. Even that piece of shit called Francesco fucking Mallardo. Am a man of my own."

He then walked over to the windows.

I nearly choked on my tongue. What? He is the biggest coward I've met and talks about The great Francesco like trash. Oh man! He is screwed.

"What's the matter love? You at least can't take my side for once." He said as he came my way. No. He curved my chin with his hands.

"With you on the inside, believe me it's going to be an epic success. You can go. But remember your part of the work.
You don't need me reminding you the next time."

"Yes, sir!"
I left the room like that.
I headed to my room and took a simple rest on the edge of my bed.
My lips were burning of desire.
My head spinning around a fantasy that wasn't real.
How could a single man make me feel like I had the whole world under my feet.
Even if u wanted to dial him, I didn't have a phone for Vladimir denied me to have one.
Even though, why would I bother myself for he showed no interest after.

At a time where I could finish of my exhaustion with a long deep sleep I heard something.
It was a phone. I was so sure.
But I did not know where the sound came from. I jumped of the bed and began looking.

Then again I heard the sound of a ringing phone. No way. If anyone passing would hear this I would be doomed. I began looking thoroughly and got closer and closer to the sound.
I found it. It was in my bag. I quickly removed it and answered.

I waited for a voice but nothing.

"Hello who's this?"
I asked.
"So you finally got my gift." I heard a voice that my ears would long to hear.
"A gift? I don't consider a dial call phone a gift. And for matter in fact, why did you put it in my bag. If my husband finds out am doomed."
"Mm? For a person who's not allowed for gadgets? Yeah! I do refer to it as a gift."

"Am serious sire. If he is to find out I will never get to see you again."
I really don't know what came over me. It wasn't me.
"So you are longing to see me Miss. Lagertha. Mm?"
"What? No way! Yes. Wait. What? Whatever. It seemed I wasn't in my right mind, sire. And for a reminder am not a miss. Mrs it is."
When I said that could hear his frustration over the phone.

"I told you, and I will say it again for I don't like repeating myself.
I will not call you that pig's name."

I loved it when he said that.

"Well you'll have to repeat it cause I don't have a good memory Mr. Mallardo."
I realised it was my first calling him by his official name.

"What are you doing to me? What are you doing to me, Miss Lagertha?"

My breathed hitched for I could not breath.
"Huh?"

We stayed in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Sire? I can't do this anymore.
Am a married woman. I prefer to not make a thing out of this.
I lo-lo. Am saying that I love my husband. With all due respect."

I ended the dial feeling g guilty.
How could I talk to him like that?
Do you even know what you've done?

If Vladimir was to hear about this madness he would kill me with his own hands.

I let my tears fall for I had no other choice, than to grief.

As the English men say, better late than never. And was bound to leave this fantasy and come to my senses that Francesco isn't a video game, he was fucking Sicilian-Mafia.