Chapter 9

A.N: Chapter nine. I know it is slow an not much has happened but when the summer starts it will get better. Also, the sixth year will have lessons as well.

I walked over hoping they wouldn't ask. I sat down and laid on my back to sunbathing with my eyes closed. I pretended it didn't bother me. I could tell they wanted to ask but didn't know how to approach it.

"Char, how did you get those scars?" Peter asks tentatively. Immediately my eyes shot open and I looked at him. Frank slapped him hard around the head. "Sorry," Peter yelps.

"It's fine. It's natural to be curious. I hid them with a charm and forgot that the time would have run out while I was in the water," I shrugg closing my eyes trying to not make a big deal out of it. There was a silence for a moment. "I will tell you one day just not yet. I don't want to relieve it at the moment," I say quietly when I realised they were watching for an answer. I felt someone take my hand and looked to see Gid had taken it smiling softly. I smile at him before closing my eyes. After a few moments, people started to talk.

"So, have you boys pranked, Char yet?" Fabe asks.

"No, but we will soon," Sirius comments defiantly.

"Doubt it. I knew some twins. They loved pranking even invented some products they were amazing and never pranked me, tried once but I turned it back on them. Best day ever," I tell them laughing at the end.

"Are these the twins that rank above us?" Gid asks.

"It would. They treated me like family plus I knew them longer," I nod. "Sorry boys. Now, why have none of you lot apart from Sirius gone in the water yet?" I ask changing the topic not wanting to think of those I left behind.

Fabe shrugs, "No reason really." and everyone else shuffled uncomfortably. I rose an eyebrow at him and he shifted. I stared at him for ages not breaking eye contact. "Fine, we are scared of the squid and grindylows," he admitted quickly breaking eye contact.

"Fabe!" everyone but Sirius yelled.

"What you try and keep a secret when she stares at you like that. It's hard it's like she can see into my soul," he grumbles.

"Maybe I can," I smirk sitting up and typing my hair up and laying down on my stomach with my hands on my chin. I hear an intake of breath and they go silent for a moment taking in the scars on my back. As one spelt whore and the other freak  I knew it was quite shocking. I ignore it. "You realise the squid is friendly. I saw him while I was there I accidentally kicked a tentacle. He just poked me for a moment before swimming away," I inform them.

"There are still grindylows," Alice said.

"Leave them alone and they are fine. Besides, there are mermaids down there as well," I add.

"How do you know this, you are new?" Remus asks confused.

"I know Dumbledore. Do you really think he didn't tell me all about it when I love animals and creatures?" I scoff as if he was stupid when really I was relieved I thought of something so quick. I had to be more careful with what I say. But Remus just nodded and carried on reading.

"So summers in a few days. What's everyone doing?" Marlene asks excitedly.

"I am going to James' house halfway through and I and the boys are going to stay there a week. But I am going to stay the rest of the time," Sirius answers. "Unfortunately, I have to endure my family before that. What about you lot?" he questions.

"Well, I and Gid will be practising Quidditch and relaxing when we aren't taking care of our nephews. Char is coming to ours for the last week of the holiday," Fabe responds.

"Oh, yeah Charlotte. What are you doing? Are your family muggles or wizards?" Lily asked not seeing the twins try and stop her from talking and everyone else wondering what they were doing.

"My parents are dead but they were wizards. I have made arrangments for myself, but it is only for half the holiday. The next two weeks I am spending at the Leaky Cauldron and then I am at Fabe and Gid's for the last weeks. We could always meet up and have a day in muggle London Lily as apart from Remus these lot are useless," I suggest keeping my tone neutral. I never thought I would have to say to my mother my parents are dead. Wow, my life is fucked up. Lily didn't respond for a moment.

"Yeah, definitely we can go see all the attractions," she answered awkwardly.

"Where do we send an owl to talk to you for the first few weeks," Alice asked trying to change the topic.

"Ah, now that is a secret which you will find out later," I tease.

James coughs before speaking up. "Hey, Char?"

"Yeah," I answer looking at him.

"Do you want to stay at mine for the two weeks you would be at the leaky cauldron?" he asked. The other Marauders looked at him like he was insane.

"Um, thanks for the offer but do you mind if I think about it," I say hesitantly.

"Sure," he nods. The others told us what they were doing. They all had fun plans. 

~~~

When it got close to dinner we went inside. I quickly had a shower so that the sweat got off me and got dressed in some flare jeans and a crop top with some trainers. We came down laughing and had dinner. I went and talked to the Slytherins during dessert. They were all happy exams were over but had been relaxing in the common room all day. When the boys were done they came over to get me. I quickly said goodbye before anyone could start anything. I could finally goof around with them all as they weren't revising. It was fun to play exploding snap with everyone. We stayed up until late messing around. When we went upstairs I decided to talk to the boys about the full moon situation.

"Um, guys. I need to tell you something," I speak up hesitantly. They all stopped what they were doing and looked at me. We sat on the floor in a circle as the guys had told me they did this to have important conversations.

"I've decided to accept your offer of coming to your house, however I just... um ... I know about Remus. So, don't worry about trying to sneak him into the forest. I am also completely fine with it," I say strongly at the end.

"How?" Remus asks quietly after a few moments. "Was it Dumbledore?" he asks suddenly.

"NO! No, I have a friend who is one so I knew the signs. Also, your nickname didn't help hide it," I answer.

"You aren't scared of me," he comments shocked.

I shake my head, "Definitely not."

"Charlotte you have a monster as a dorm mate," he replies tersely. I looked at the others unamused.

"Did he say this to you guys when you found out?" I ask. They nodded I looked back at him. "Remus, you fold your fucking socks and wear over large jumpers. I have seen you when you have just woke up and your hair looks worse than James' bird nest so sorry not very scared," I tell him rolling my eyes before getting up and giving him a hug. He tensed but gave me a tight hug.

"Thanks," he whispers to me.

"No problem," I say kissing his cheek. "Now, do you guys care if I come to the mansion on that week. Or would you prefer I wait until after the full moon?" I ask.

"Well, you can come but ... um ... we kinda ... webecameanimgussowecouldhelpremusonthefullmoon," Sirius rushes out all at once.

"I know, that's why I asked if I should come. I came into the room once as Peter turned back into a person. Wasn't hard to figure it out from there," I shrug before laughing at their shocked faces. "Yeah, you guys were probably very sneaky. You just aren't used to having a fifth roommate," I explain.

"Damn, I suppose we aren't. I can definitely ask my parents for you to come and you can be there on the full moon just stay inside," James answers my previous question and chuckled. I got up off Remus' lap.

"Cool, glad we cleared that up. Now I am going to bed," I inform them before promptly crashing onto my bed.

A.N: Hope you liked this chapter. Next chapter they will have the summer. The story will start to be more interesting then.