Chapter 30

A.N: I don't own Harry Potter. Also, there will be change in POV soon possibly.

I walked with Sirius to COMC. I could tell he wanted to ask me about what happened in defence but didn't know how to ask. Unfortunately, the teacher was doing the same as defence and was making us do things from last year and had started on Threstals.

"I know we did them last year and it was hard as none of us can see them even me, but I thought I would quiz you," Professor grubbily-plank said.

"Actually sir, I can see them," I interrupted raising my hand, making everyone's eyes turn to me.

"Really, well Mrs Peverell can you tell us how many are here now," he said looking around near him expectantly.

"Actually, sir there aren't any here at the moment," I correct him earning a few snickers.

"Right, well perhaps if one turns up you could speak up," he said begrudgingly, before his face lighting up, "In fact, why don't you go and look for some and when you find them you can come back for us," he suggested.

"Sir, I don't think it would be safe for her to go alone," Sirius interrupted grinning and I immediately knew his plan.

"Right you are Mr Black, why don't you go with her," he said waving us off. I just rolled my eyes before walking away. I heard Sirius catch up.

"So... when did you earn to cast a patronus?" he asked.

"When I kept faint around dementors," I said coldly. I sighed realising I was being rude. I stopped and turned to him. "So, a few years back when I was like thirteen like ten dementors were protecting my school due to some reason that wouldn't tell us. Anyways, turns out I react differently to most people as I faint around them so I asked my defence teacher to teach me to cast a patronus," I explained before walking again. Sirius just caught up again and we walked for a little while looking around for thestrals.

"So, a dragon?" he asked.

"Yep, always been interested in them, guess it just makes sense," I replied nodding.

"Well," he started but I covered my hand over his mouth.

"There are some thestrals over there it looks like a family," I whispered. We cautiously walked forward and when they looked at us I held out my hand and slowly walked forwards. The thestrals didn't back away and I slowly stroked it. When they became more comfortable I ushered Sirius over. Then in an effort to lift my mood I got on top of the threstal.

"Charlotte what are you doing?" Sirius asked.

"We, are going to ride this one back to grubbly-plank to save some time. Now hop on," I said patting the creature on the back behind where I was. After five minutes of convincing Sirius, I quickly flew the threstal back to the lesson. About halfway through the ride, I remembered the last time I did this was trying to save the person that was behind me. When we landed the class was shocked.

"Now, although you can't see them there is a family of thestrals here. We are sitting on one of the parent's there are five in total," I said while Sirius got off, before offering me his hand. I hoped off taking his hand and smiling at him. The rest of the lesson was me and Sirius as I placed him next to one helping the others pet them. 

~~~~~~

We had a quick break where I went to our room to drop off any things I wouldn't need along with Sirius. When we came back down everyone was there including Fabe. I ignored him and he seemed to be doing the same to me.

"Right, how were everyone's lessons so far?" I asked plopping onto the floor.

"Oh, no. No, you don't just get to pretend that defence did not happen, missy," James said pointing at me.