Chapter 51

parseltongue

Char POV:

I take them to Moaning Myrtle's toilet. I turn around to look at them. "Okay, so the entrance is in here. I am guessing he thought no one would look for one here. The reason it hasn't been found is that you need a parselmouth to open it," I state. They all nod. I turn around and step in front of the correct toilet. And begin to hiss.

Open

Stairs

Lights

I turn back to the boys and wink at them before descending the stairs. I hear them following me and I walk down the now lit pipe towards the second door.

Open

I hiss again and go up the steps. When I go through the door I notice it is dark.

Lights

I turn around. "Alright, the monster is a basilisk so while I let it out and see if you're allowed to have your eyes open keep them closed. I know you have curiosity but this could kill you," I say seriously. They all nod understanding just as serious. I walk over to the statue of Salazar.

Open

Salazar's basilisk I wish to speak with you. Awaken from your sleep.

The mouth opens and I close my eyes and I hear the Basilisk come out.

Wich one of you is the speaker

I am the speaker. I was wondering as I am the heir of Slytherin can I look in your eyes

You can and as you are the speaker that awakened me.

I open my eyes. If I ask can you change your gaze so it won't affect my friends? I say motioning to them. The basilisk slides over to them and smells them one by one.

The wolf would have been fine. I can change my gaze for you mistress.

"She says that you can open your eyes as I asked her not to hurt you. Also, Remus apparently as you are a werewolf you would have been unaffected," I say in English. They open their eyes and are gobsmacked.

"Well, that's useful to know," Remus states the first able to form a sentence.

"She?" Sirius asks.

"I presumed. I'm not sure," I reply

What are they saying

Oh sorry, I was telling them you said they could open their eyes and telling my friend you said as he was a wolf he was unaffected. Also, what is your name and are you male or female?

That's fine mistress. I am Uraeus after the Egyptian goddess but you may also call me buto. Also, this one felt aroused when you spoke to me but it stopped when I spoke, Buto said motioning to Sirius.

Really well he is my soulmate so that is interesting to know Buto and how did you know? I ask

I can feel peoples emotions. I don't smell them like the wolf, she responds.

"Her name is Buto. I'm going to see if there is anything we should know other than this to put on the map," I say to the others.

Buto would it be okay if they look around. We have a map and we want to put the chamber on the map, could we talk while they look around? I ask

Of course mistress, she responds. I motion to the others to go on and look around. They nod and go look around and add to the map before leaving. I talk to Buto about what else is here and the other entrances that I show the others to add to the map. She then shows us the study Slytherin had down here. When we have finished I take the stairs away and we sit on her head while she raises up the pipe. Apparently, she did the same for Slytherin.