Chapter 20

A.N: Remus above

When I get back. Kreacher greets me and takes my cloak to hang and outer robe to clean. I slip into my room without anyone noticing. I have a quick shower and get dressed in show fresh clothes before going to find the boys. I find them in their living room looking bored. Sirius is sitting upside down on the sofa swinging his legs over the back poking his cheeks. Regulus is on the floor playing with the frays on the armchair bottom.

"If I had known you would be this bored without me I would have brought you with me to see Jamesie," I speak leaning on the doorframe. They jump with their heads snapping up.

"Wait! You saw James?" Sirius asks sitting up the right way with a frown.

"Yeah, I had to talk to his dad after the meeting and I went to his house. He is excited to see you as well Siri," I tell him rolling my eyes and sitting down on the sofa next to him. "Say, Reg what are you going to do when Siri and I leave for the rest of the holidays? Won't you be bored out of your mind?" I ask.

"He won't be bored he will be with the slimy snakes," Siri mutters. I slapped him around the back of the head and glared at him. He looks sheepish.

"Well, I am going to visit some of my friends," Reg smirks at our interaction and I nod knowing he will have fun with his friends. I had seen him around the school with his friends.

"Oh, Siri James invited me to go school shopping with you and the boys. We were thinking of inviting Gid and Fabe. What do you think?" I ask.

"Sure. We can ask Remus and Pete if it's okay with them. But I don't see why not," he shrugs.

"How was the meeting?" Reg wonders.

"Good, bit boring at times. I got both my laws passed and made a few allies. Shocked the Wizengamot into silence when they saw I had thirteen votes. I thought I only had twelve," I answer laughing at the end.

"You can see why they would be shocked," Reg replies dryly.

"I suppose," I smirk. "Now, how about we go out to dinner. We can go with your parents and I will pay as a thank you," I suggest. They agree reluctantly and I ask Kreacher if that will be okay.

~~~

So that's how we ended up down one of Diagon alley side streets in a French restaurant. I had told them to pick and not to worry about the cost.

Siri looks at me curiously before asking, "Char, how do you afford all these things yet don't have a house?" Only to be glared at by his family for his bluntness.

"It's fine," I chuckle. "I have quite a few houses due to my inheritance but you can't access them until I am seventeen. So next summer I will be able to use them as my birthday is on the 31st of July," I say.

"Oh, it's in the week we are at James'. We will do something," Siri decides. I know there is no point in arguing so I didn't. Dinner was lovely. I told them how my message about Tom had reached the other families. Apparently, the person who was against me, no one had warned as he was becoming annoying even for them. Dinner was nice overall. When we got back it was late so we all went straight to bed. I only had a few more days until we left for James' and I wouldn't be coming back here before we went to Hogwarts. I decided to pack two days before we left as I had to try and fit all of my new clothes in my trunk. I had asked Kreacher to expand my trunk so it would grow to fit what I needed but I decided to buy a new trunk when I went shopping with the boys. All too soon we were leaving. Reg had left for the Crouch house the day before so we had already said goodbye to him. Sirius and I had our things by the door and were saying goodbye to his parents.

"Thank you for having me here these last two weeks," I say smiling.

"Oh, it was fine dear. Besides, you repaid us enough by telling us these things when you first got here. You're great friends with the family now so I am sure we will see you again," Walburga replies as Sirius was saying goodbye to his father.

"True. I don't know if I will be able to handle a shopping Cissa but having Sirius there to carry our bags will be worth it," I laugh. I gave her a quick hug and went to Orion to say goodbye while Sirius spoke to his mother.

"Thank you for having me here."

"You weren't any trouble at all. Besides you have brought this family closer together thank it has been in five years. I can't thank you enough," he tells me smiling at the sight of Sirius and Walburga hugging if albeit hesitantly.

When we were done saying goodbye. We went to the living room to floo to James' house. Sirius went first as I didn't know the name and he wanted to make sure no one was in the way. Once he was gone I wait a few moments before flooing behind him. I come out of the fireplace and found my self-being hugged tightly.

"Hello to you too," I say laughing and hugging them back.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Remus tells me in my ear. I realise he must have heard about my law so I just hug him harder.

"No, problem, Remy. Besides what are friends for," I laugh. He pulls back then and rolls his eyes that were suspiciously wet. I get out his arms and hug Peter before I look around. "Where's James?" I ask.

"Putting Sirius' bag away dear. He was being punished," Dora explains giving me a hug. I smile as Charles and James came in.

"Char!" he yells spotting me.

"James!" I yell and run to him. He once again picks me up and spins me around. We had become best friends quickly as we have a lot in common. He is like a brother to me at the moment which was weird as he was my dad but my life was weird so I just went with the flow. When he let me down we noticed the others were laughing at Sirius.

"You guys saw each other a few days ago," Sirius pouts.

"You are just jealous he noticed Char first," Remus gasps between laughs. He can't get anything else out as he starts to laugh harder when Sirius glares at him.

"Don't be ridiculous Sirius is still like a brother to me," James waves off before smirking. "Charlotte and I are such good friends we are excited to see each other. I think you are all jealous Charlotte likes me more," James says smugly. Peter and Remus immediately stop laughing and Sirius moves his glare to James.

"Quite, clearly you didn't see us hug earlier," Remus tells him.

"Yeah, but she is still hugging me whereas, you guys stopped hugging," James smirks at him. Remus grumbles.

"We have lived together for the past two weeks. I came with her," Sirius argues once again pouting. James just raises an eyebrow.

"Pete," he prompts.

"Nope, I am her favourite. Until your mother hugged her she was in my arms," he argues shaking his head.

"Well, she is still in my arms so ... bye," James says before picking me up and running to his room.

"JAMES PUT ME DOWN!" I yell. He just laughs and keeps running.

A.N: Hope you liked it.