Chapter 35

A.N: enjoy. That is Sirius.

Charlotte POV:

The next morning everyone was exhausted. It was Halloween. Dumbledore had made the ball the day before as it was only open to fourth years and over. This way the whole school could have a Halloween feast on Halloween. We woke up late but as it was a Saturday no one worried. I was still awake before the others and went downstairs to breakfast alone. I sat with the Slytherine's at breakfast before going to the eighth floor. I had brought my wand and made the floor comfortable. I stayed there, just thinking. I was remembering all the things I missed about the future. I was remembering all those I loved that had died. My parents, Sirius I wasn't even sure if my friends had survived the attack in the ministry as I had been sent here before I could find out. I don't know how long I stayed there. But I wasn't disturbed. No one came up here on the weekends. No common rooms were here and the lessons weren't on.

Eventually, I heard footsteps and soon Sirius, James, Remus and Peter were coming around the corner. I noticed James shove a piece of parchment into his pocket as they came over. Ah, so they had looked for me on the map.

"Char, what are you doing up here?" Remus questioned.

"Thinking," I replied leaning back on the wall.

"Well, it's a long way to go to think," Sirius said sitting down across from me. "So, what are you really doing up here?" he asked hesitantly.

"I am thinking. It's the anniversary of my parent's death. I was thinking of them and all the stuff they never got to see me do. They died a few months after my first birthday," I said quietly closing my eyes, I couldn't bare to look at James. I felt someone sit down next to me and take my hand. From the heat coming off them, I knew it was Remus he was always warm. We sat there for a while in silence. I eventually got up.

"Come on, I am sure everyone else is wondering where we are," I muttered. Remus pulled me into him and put his arm over my shoulder. I allowed him to do so as I really needed it today. We got back to the common room. I just sat around and watched everyone. I didn't really talk, I could tell the others were looking at me due to my odd behaviour but I couldn't be my usual self, not today. Suddenly an owl came in through the window and landed at the twins. They opened it and their faces lit up.

"You'll never guess. What news we just got," Fabian said. All of us looked at him to tell us.

"Molly is pregnant again," Gideon said.

"That's great," I cheer. "I bet it is a boy," I say starting to get excited.

"No, way it has to be a girl now," Gideon replied shaking his head.

"Want to bet on it. Five galleons says it's a boy," I tease.

"Sure, be prepared to lose," he replies smugly. I laugh but shake on it.

"Tell her congratulations," I call out to them as they go up the stairs to write a letter. When they come back down we all go for dinner. Unfortunately, I go back to being quiet thinking about everyone. 

~~~

When we return to the common room I go upstairs to the room. I get dressed in the bathroom and hear someone come into the bedroom. When I go out I see Sirius on my bed.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, just wanted to get comfortable and try and get some sleep," I sighed.

"Isn't it a little early," he replies confused.

"Yeah, but I will definitely have nightmares and I don't want to keep you guys up as it is the full moon in a couple days," I explain.

"Don't worry about waking us we told you it doesn't matter. Besides if it bothered us that much then we would force dreamless sleep down your throat. None of us will say anything. I think that the others agree with me when I say we all wish we could help you in some way," Sirius sighed before standing up and giving me a hug.

"Actually, there is one way that works most of the time so I don't get nightmares," I say quietly. He pulls back to look at me.

"What?" he asks.

"If I fall asleep hugging someone. Usually, I don't have nightmares because subconsciously I feel safe," I whisper.

"Well, that's settled one of us will share your bed," he says determinedly. "Who would you feel most comfortable with?" he asks.

"Not Peter. He is as small as me and would be awkward about the whole thing. Remus I don't want to worry or disturb his sleep. James would feel awkward as I'm not Lily. Although I do think that she is starting to like him back. So I guess, I choose you," I said smiling at him. He looked shocked I chose him before nodding quietly.

"Alright, that's fine. Now, that's sorted why don't we go downstairs. We have got that defence essay to do," he suggested. I nodded and went down after him. Once we had finished our essays, Sirius had gone to mess around and I think to plan a prank and tell them what we decided. I stayed and did some homework Poppy had set me. When I was done I went upstairs to put it away. The boys came in behind me.

"You guys plan any pranks?" I ask.

"A few, wanna help?" James asked.

"Sure, but tell me later I am going to bed," I reply yawning.

"Yeah, that's fine we were coming up as well," he shrugged. We all got ready for bed. I guess I was right in him telling them.

"So, none of us was good enough for you," James said haughtily.

"Yep," I said popping the p. His jaw dropped and Sirius laughed at James walking over to me taking his hair out of his bun.

"Well, I see how it is," he said getting in his bed closing the curtains dramatically making me laugh harder

"Well, I see how it is," he said getting in his bed closing the curtains dramatically making me laugh harder. Suddenly, his head popped out of the curtains smiling

"I got you to laugh. You hadn't all day and the only time you smiled was when you were talking about Molly be pregnant. Now, I hope this works and goodnight," he said coming to give me a hug before going back to his bed and closing the curtains. Peter and Remus did the same. I just smiled and got into bed. Sirius got in and closed the curtains and spelling them with a silencing charm before turning to me.

"Right, I was chosen with this esteemed task and I shall not make it awkward," he started self righteously. "So, let's snuggle," he said before leaping on me and tickling me.

"Siri, stop!" I screamed.

"Fine, but only because I got it to be less awkward. Now seriously let's go to bed. How do we do this spoon? I hold you? Just in the bed?" he asks.

"Well, we kinda just have to snuggle like you said," I laughed. So he laid down next to me and he put his arm around me pulling me into his chest. We took a few minutes to get comfortable before being still.

"Night, Char," he whispered kissing my head.

"Night, Siri," I said reaching up to kiss his neck as m head was under his. I heard him breathe in before I peacefully fell asleep, the way I would be all night.