Chapter 2: First day back pt.2

Courtney's POV

After my first two classes, I headed to lunch. We haven't been doing anything important yet.

We've just been getting syllabuses about what we're going to learn, and the the supplies we'll need. Nothing too important.

I got my lunch and sat down. I examined it and then ended up throwing it away. Trash as usual.

Seriously, the chef here really needs to learn how to cook. I would've packed a lunch, but Chris banned us from bringing lunches.( Don't know how he did that) Probably wants us to eat that trash. Which I refuse to eat.

Since I can copy my moms signature, I decided to just start signing the syllabuses I got myself.

"Hey Courtney." Scott waved, sitting down next to me with his lunch.

"Hi Scott." I responded." Are you seriously going to eat... that?" I pointed at the plate of powdered gruel.

"Eh. I did last year."

"Ew." I cringed.

"What. The lunch isn't that bad. Especially this. This is delicious."

"Honestly with the junk they serve they should just let us starve. It would be more humane."

"Eh. Suit yourself."

"How do you even eat that powered gruel?"

"It's the sawdust that makes it so tasty."

"If I knew you liked that trash, I would've gave you my share. I don't even know why I even bother going in the lunch line."

Eh, at least I'm not sitting here alone.

"So... how were your classes?" I asked Scott.

"Eh, kinda boring. We didn't do anything. And we're not gonna do anything in gym for the first whole week."

"I guess that's nice."

After I signed the two syllabuses that I had, I continued to read my book from earlier. Everytime I glanced up from my book, I noticed Scott giving me this.... stare.

Like a sneaky grin type of look. I kinda just ignored it until the bell ranged. I picked up my book and walked off.

I think Scott has the same next period as me, but after that creepy staring problem I didn't really feel comfortable walking to class with him.

+

I managed to get to my next class before the late bell. Not that it matters, since it's the first day.

I sat down and stared off into space as the class filled up with students.

Scott's POV

The day continued to go by. We didn't really do anything. All we did is just syllabuses, rules, and small introductions.

After my 6th period ended I headed to my 7th period. It was the same room as our advisory, so it didn't take me long at all to find it again.

When I walked in, there was an argument between Courtney and that guy with the mohawk in the back of the room.

"You sat there on purpose! You clearly saw me coming over to sit here and you purposely sat there. I was sitting there earlier and you purposely sat there." Courtney glared.

"Listen Princess, We don't have assign seats yet. Go sit somewhere else."

"Duncan! You are such an ogre." Courtney crossed her arms.