Chapter 19: Forgive me

January 3rd

Courtney's POV

Yesterday was our last day of Christmas break. Today we return back to our normal functioning school schedule.

I went downstairs and poured myself a glass of orange juice. I sat at the table not really sure what to think about.

My mom came over to check on me.

"Are you sure you've been feeling well? You've been acting distant." My mom asked.

"I'm fine mom." I told her.

"You sure? If you want you can take today off."

"No thanks. I have to turn in my project today." I explained.

I sipped my orange juice, got up, and put on my backpack.

"Do you want anything to eat?"

"I'm not hungry."

"It's breakfast."

"It I eat will you stop asking?!" I stomped.

My mom was bit taken back from my tone and attitude.

"I'm sorry mom. This hasn't been my best winter break. But still.... that doesn't excuse my behavior. I'm sorry." I heavily sighed.

"Apology accepted. We still have a good bit of time. I'll make you some pancakes."

"Okay."

+

After eating breakfast, I was dropped off at school. I got to my locker and started putting in It's combination.

"So, you still throwing your temper tantrum or are you done?" I heard Duncan ask from behind me.

I heavily sighed and ignored him. I got my locker open and grabbed my text book and then shut it.

"I'm taking that as a yes." He continued but I continued to not respond.

"Princess. I know you hear me. Princess." He grabbed my shoulder.

"What?" I turned around.

"Wow. You really are mad."

"Ugh! I really wish you weren't so interested in my life."

"I'm not."

"Then stay out of it." I said then walked off.

I started making my way to my advisory.

"Courtney!" I heard from behind me.

I turned around. It was Emma.

"Oh. Hey Emma."

"Did you break your phone or something?"

"N-no. Why do you ask?"

"You didn't respond to any of my text or calls. Is everything alright?"

"Yep. Things are going great. How about for you?"

"I was waiting to get back to school to tell you this. Things are going great. Guess what? Me and Noah are both going to have our first date this weekend."

"Wow. That's great." I smiled.

Just another reminder of how well things went for me.

"I know right." Emma grinned.

"Well, I have to get to homeroom."

"We don't have to be in homeroom for another 13 minutes. Do you wanna just walk around with me so we can catch up?"