Chapter 17: An accident

December 26

Scott's POV

It was a solid 6pm. I was comfortably lying on my bed still in though.

I honestly can't wait for the break to end so I have an excuse to see her.

I can't stop thinking about her. After the kiss she gave, I can't get her out of my head.

She's amazing. Ugh I wish I could just go back in time. I'll never get that close to her again.

But I'm glad she liked the gift. Her smile after receiving it. She was beautiful.

Hmm.... We do have that project to do. M-maybe we could work on it tomorrow.

I mean, it would be great to see her. And we'll have to start it soon....

Maybe she's still up. I picked up my phone and went to my contacts list.

Courtney's POV

I was in my room in my covers nice and snugged. Well, physically I was comfortable.

Mentally, not so much. I mean, I KISSED SCOTT. I mean sure it was only on the cheek but still....

What if he didn't like it? What if he isn't into me like that? What if he's just using me for his own benefits?

There's just so many questions unanswered thanks to my own doubt.

Ugh! You just had to kiss him Courtney. You couldn't just show that you were happy with the gift by thanking him.

Nope. You had to make the extra step. It wasn't necessary. I don't even know why I did that.

I mean, maybe it was his awkward flustered face expression he had. I don't know.

But...... Maybe it was a nice touch. Maybe he liked it. He said I was pretty.

So would that mean he likes me back? I guess there's a good chance of it.

I heard my phone vibrate. I sat up and picked up my phone. The text was from Scott.

I lost my grip and dropped my phone. I quickly picked it up and unlocked my phone.

I went to messages and started reading the text.

Scott: Hey. Um.... When should we meet for the project?

Hm... We should meet soon. I mean Christmas has already passed. After Christmas, the break goes by as fast as a gust of wind.

I told him we could meet up tomorrow. He responded back less than a minute after I sent the text.

Scott: cool. Where should we meet?

I told him to meet me at the field at the park near our school.

Scott: 👍

I grinned, put my phone back on charger and did a squeal. I heard my mom come out of the bathroom.

I quickly laid back down and buried my head under the cover pretended to be sleep.

I heard my mom open the door. I shut my eyes tight, hoping to trick her into thinking I was sleep.

"Courtney. I know you're awake. You don't squeal in your sleep." My mom stated.

"Yes I do." I responded.

"You also don't speak either."

I rolled my eyes and sat up and removed the covers from over my head.