Chapter 20: A Walk home

Courtney's POV

I was struck dumb by Scott's words. I wasn't really sure how to respond. I felt.... I guess I feel appreciated and loved.

I smiled and hugged him back. We released and I smiled at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you.... Cryi-" I started to say but was cut off.

"I AM NOT CRYING! My eyes just have this salt water like reaction to deep emotions in me. There's a difference." He pointed.

"Whatever you say 'Scott-meister'." I smirked.

"Hehe. I just thought. I thought I was going to lose you. As a friend." He scratched the back of his head.

"Scott. I know we've only know each other for approximately two quarters of the school year but we're friends. We're bound to argue. But next time we should try talking things over instead of just ignoring each other." I explained.

"Yeah. Good idea." He nodded.

The wind blew lightly, blowing Scott's spiky hair. The sun gleamed perfectly on him.

His soft blue eyes stared happily into mine.

"Um... Are we going to keep staring at each other or...." Scott blushed awkwardly.

"Sorry. You're just cute to look at. That's all." I smiled.

"Cute? I thought I was handsome, or hot."

"I didn't mean like, that. I meant like, 'boy cute'."

"Uh..... Is that a good thing?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It's a great thing." I giggle.

"O-oh. Um. Okay. So what are we exactly?" Scott asked.

"Hm?"

"I mean. Are we boyfriend and girlfriend or...."

"I mean, we aren't just 'friends'. But we're not dating either. We're just friends that our aware of each other's feelings for each other."

"Oh. I'm not sure if I feel awkward or glad."

"I mean, look at it this way, at least we don't have to keep our feelings a secret from each other."

"Hm... I guess that's good."

"Yeah. It is."

"I know this is random, but I'm really REALLY glad we're friends again." Scott stated.

"I am too. It was so weird going through the day ignoring each other's presence." I smiled.

"I know. I felt I was sweating for the whole day."

"I'm not sure if I should be grossed out from all the sweat or flattered that you're that nervous around me."

"I'm not sure either. I should probably wash up when I get home."

"And make sure you use the gift I bought you."

"I will. So, you want me to walk you home?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"I just wanted to make sure you wanted me to."

"Well it's sweet how considerate you are." I winked.

+

Me and Scott started to head to my house.

"Hey, Courtney?" Scott started.

"Hm? What is it Scott?" I asked.

"If we do start dating, what will your mom think? I mean, will she punish you or... Anything like that."