Chapter 14: Our project pt.2

Courtney's POV

The bus driver started up the bus. I leaned back and just tried to keep my mind at ease. I honestly don't even know what I'm doing.

Scott's POV

I watched Courtney stating out the window. She isn't even looking at me. She's.... distancing herself from me. Did she ever even like me?

I mean, when we first met, she did mock me for forgetting my pencil on the first day. Maybe she isn't comfortable being around me after figuring out.

My dad never gave me advice for dating so.... I'm basically just winging it.

I don't stink nearly as much . T-that's a start.

Courtney's POV

The bus came to a stop.

"Alright Kiddos. Here's your stop. I'll be back to pick you two up later." The driver told us as I got up from my seat taking my bag with me.

"Alright. Thanks." I thanked the driver stepping off the bus.

The driver drove off leaving me and Scott.

"Alright. We're here. What now?" I asked as Scott just shrugged, just as unsure as me.

I noticed a blonde woman from a distance approaching us.

"You two from Wawanakwa high?" The woman asked us.

"Y-yes. We are." I answered for the both of us.

"Okay, good. Follow me."

Me and Scott exchanged a short glance and started following her. We followed her inside some sort of structure.

This room was a good size. It was mostly full of just desk and tables.

"Alright. This is our hub area. The kitchen is over there, the rest rooms are over there." She told us." Oh, see that closet over there?" She pointed." There will be navy blue jackets in there. I need you two to put those on so you'll be recognizable."

We both headed into the closet. I put on the jacket and zipped it up. I looked at my jacket.

"Tour guide?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Gr.... I can't get this stupid thing to zip. I think It's jammed or something." Scott complained.

"Do you want help?" I asked.

"Yes please." He answered, removing his hands from the zipper.

I grabbed the zipper, pulled it down some then zipped it back up.

"There. Sometimes you just have to pull it down some and then back up to where you want it to go." I told him.

"Oh. Thanks." He grinned.

I returned the grin. After getting our jackets on we met back up with the blonde lady.

"You two look great. I'm Mrs. Bell by the way. I take it you two are from Mr. Riggs class."

"That would be correct." I nodded." I'm Courtney."

"Scott." Scott stated shortly.

"Alright you two. Follow me." Mrs.Bell told us as we followed behind her.

She basically started giving us a tour of the farm. I mean, the place stinks, but some of the areas look nice.... kind of.

Like, the pig pen I could not stand. It smelled horrible. Along with the cows. The chickens were okay though.