Chapter 15: A rainy winter day

Scott's POV

I kept walking as fast as I could to catch up.

"Courtney!" I called out.

Her walking came to a stop. She turned around and looked at me. It looked like she was going to say something but I loss my balance and slipped.

I fell right to the ground. It wasn't exactly a soft land.

"Oh my gosh! Scott!" I heard Courtney gasped some distance from me.

I heard her footsteps rushing to see if I was okay. She kneeled down and checked on me.

"Are you okay?" She asked panting.

"Yeah. I think so." I answered looking up at her.

"Your hand!" Courtney pointed.

I looked down to where she pointed. There was a cut in my hand near my thumb area.

"Oh It's fine, I-" I started to say.

Courtney quickly slung her backpack off her shoulders and started digging in her bag. A gust of wind pushed her hood down.

"You're hair! I-It'll get wet." I pointed.

"It's fine. It'll dry. You're more important." She stated searching her bag.

She pulled a bandaid from her bag.

"Courtney. That's sweet but I-"

"Here. Give me your hand."

"Really Court. I'm fine."

"I know. And you're going to keep being fine. Now give me your hand." She told me.

I knew it would be easier to let her put the bandaid on then to fight against her so I handed her my hand.

She softly grabbed my hand and carefully placed in on. I felt my cheeks heat up. She got up and pulled me up.

I picked her bag up for her and handed it to her.

"Um. Thanks for the bandaid." I awkwardly thanked.

"Sure. You may be tough but none of us are immune to germs. Here, I'll clean the scratch if you want." Courtney offered me.

"O-oh. Really. I-"

"Just to be 100% safe." She said.

"Well. I guess it couldn't hurt." I grinned.

+

We continued to head in the direction we were headed. The winds started to pick up. I could feel my ears getting cold. Not to mention my whole face.

Even with my hands in my jacket pocket, it still felt like I was freezing. Another wind gust hit us.

"Sheesh. The temperature really dropped, huh?" Courtney said.

"Y-y-you're telling me?" I shivered.

"O-oh. Sorry. Are you even warm in that tiny jacket?" She raised an eyebrow.

"N-not really."

"Why didn't you where a coat or something?" She asked.

"I.... I don't know. I didn't expect it to rain."

"It's winter. Also, the rain is probably sinking into your jacket making you colder. You might catch a cold." She told me.

"I know.... ugh I wish I didn't do stupid stuff like this." I shook my head.

"There must be something we can do to get you warmer. I don't want you to get sick."

"I don't want me getting sick either."