Chapter 4: A failed assignment pt.2

Courtney's POV

The day continued to go by as normal. I walked into seventh period and sat down. Finally made it to the last class of the day.

Scott walked in and sat down next to me. It looks like he had something on his mind. I decided not to ask about it, since it's not really my business.

If I'm remembering correctly he didn't study for Mr. Riggs test either so his grade is not gonna look so good.

"Okay class. I'm gonna hand back the test near the end of the period. In the meantime, I want you guys to get a book and flip to page 37." Mr.Riggs told us.

I got a book and flipped to page 37 and waited for further instruction.

We basically started reading the chapter. Nothing major. We didn't finish all of it, but still it was a nice calm easy day.

Mr. Riggs stopped 18 minutes early and started handing back the test. Mr. Riggs walked by our desk and handed back Scott's test.

"How bad is it?" I asked.

Why am I even asking him? Better yet, why am I even talking to him?

"It's..... not bad at all." He grinned wide eyed.

"Huh?"

"It's an 100%."

"What?! You said you didn't study." I raised an eyebrow.

"Well. It is Agriculture Science. I payed close attention. Plus it was about soil which I happen to already know about."

I swear if my test score is the same as his I'm gonna assume he cheated off of my paper.... then again, he didn't do that with Geometry... so I guess he did pass fair and square.

I started listening to a conversation from behind me.

"So you didn't go to the Principles office?" Gwen asked.

"Nope. I walked out. As if I was going to deal with McLean yelling in my face." Duncan told Gwen.

"Of course."

"Here you go." Mr. Riggs handed their test back.

"What's the point in giving me my test back if you and I both know I got a zero?" Duncan asked but Mr. Riggs ignored him." What did you get Gwen."

"An 85%." She answered.

Pfft. Whatever. That's why I probably scored higher. Mr. Riggs finally passed me my test.

I looked at it and I my eyes widened. I instantly hugged the test hiding the score.

"How did it turn out?" Scott asked.

"None of your business." I said.

"Did you fail?" Heather asked from behind me clearly wanting to laugh.

After Heather said that Duncan bursted out laughing.

"Wow. Guess Princess isn't so perfect, eh?" Duncan said with a dumb smirk.

"S-shut up! A 52% is a better than purposely taking a zero!" I snapped.

"Yeah. At least she tried." Scott added.

Is he... taking up for me?

"Wow! I was right, you two really are dating!" Heather snarled, then burst out laughing.

Me and Scott exchanged a look. Scott blushed and scratched the back of his head. I turned around and put my failed test away.

"You Alright Courtney?" Scott asked.