Chapter 5: Two-column proofs

Courtney's POV

I continued to finish up the worksheet. Mr. West was ready to talking to Scott and Some other teen.

Mr. West was signaling me to come over from where I was sitting. I got up from my desk and joined them in the front of the room.

"Alright you two. I'm glad you decided to come. Trust me, this will definitely pay off. Now, this is my student assistant Courtney. She's here to help me and help you guys. If you have a question and I'm not able to answer it, ask her. Now, here is my plan. I will introduce the substance to you early so when we start doing it in class you have a head start since it takes you two a bit more time to catch up." Mr. West explained.

After that he started to teach the boys about two column proofs. I was back in my seat dealing with my problems.

I picked up my phone to check the time. 5 missed calls. Oh my gosh. I forgot to tell my mom I'm staying for tutoring.

"Mr. West. Can I step out for a moment?"

"Sure." He nodded.

I quickly stepped out and called my mom.

"Courtney?"

"Hi mom."

"Where are you? I waited for you in the car for 5 minutes and tried to call you."

"I'm so sorry mom. I forgot to call you. I forgot to tell you that I'm staying for tutoring. I'm assisting my teacher in helping a few students with Geometry. It's gives me extra credit and contributes to my community service."

"Okay. How long will you be there?"

"I'm not actually sure. An hour maybe.... I'll call you when I'm done."

"Okay."

"Alright mom. I'm gonna go Help my teacher. I'll see you when I'm done."

"Okay dear."

I ended the call, turned off my phone and headed back inside of Mr. West's class. I sat back down and finished up the worksheet. After that I looked over it for any errors.

"Courtney." Mr. West called me taking my attention off the sheet.

He called me over. I put my pencil down and got up joined him and the boys in the front of the room.

"You and Scott both have my class the same period, correct?" Mr. West asked.

"Yeah. We do."

"You two know each other?"

"Yeah. We have lunch and 7th period together." Scott answered as I nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Courtney. I would like you help Scott with this topic. Try to see if you can assist him during class too. For now, just try to help him understand something. Review his paper with him and help him get his to match yours." Mr. West told me.

"Got it. Come on Scott." I told him.

Scott's POV

I heavily sighed, picked up my paper and bag and joined Courtney in the back of the room. This is humiliating.

First failing the test right in front of her then this? The day can't get much worst. I joined her at the desk.

"Okay let's get started. I wanna see how much you know." Courtney told me.

"Um.... well... I don't really know anything. I mean, he explained it but I'm still confused."

"Okay. I'll do the first one. Pay close attention number 2 is very similar to this one. So maybe I show you how to do it, maybe you'll manage to the second one."