Chapter 9: Projects

Wednesday(same week as last chapter)

Courtney's POV

I happily sat down in Mr. Riggs class. After passing those test and being with Scott yesterday, I was kinda in a good mood.

Okay. Great mood. Of course I'm still being careful. I'm not letting this get to my head.... I hope.

Scott sat down next to me and Mr. Riggs started talking.

"Alrighty, guys. I'm gonna hand back your tests from yesterday. Don't get too comfortable where you're seated." Mr. Riggs told us.

Mr. Riggs handed me my test.

"Another failing grade?" Heather asked.

"Nope. 3 points away from a perfect score." I showed her and smriked.

"Pfft. Whatever. I'm sure your grade is still in the garbage."

Mr. Riggs walked over and handed back Heather's test.

"Heather. You might wanna study and try a little harder." Mr. Riggs told her.

"Another failing grade?" I mocked.

"No. I-"

"Mi amor. What happened to that test?" Alejandro asked Heather, looking at her test paper.

"Stop calling me that. And second. Nothing happened. It's not even a bad grade."

"Yeah. 'Cause having a 43% on the test is so good." Gwen said sarcastically from behind Heather.

"Shut it werid goth girl. You probably didn't even pa-"

"89%." Gwen cut her off and smriked."

"Gr... whatever."

"Alright class. I need all of your attention. Im assigning projects. You'll each be working with at least one other person. When you find that partner, come and I'll give you your assignment."

"You and me?" Scott smirked.

"Definitely." I nodded.

"Of course, I picked your partners." Mr. Riggs said." Look on the board. Your partners name is right next to yours."

"So we don't get to pick?" Heather asked.

"I said your partners name is on the board." Mr. Riggs repeated." So no. You don't."

I looked on the board. I read over it and heavily sighed. I looked back at Gwen and she looked at me.

She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Great. Lucky me." I said sarcastically.

"Who'd you get?" Scott asked.

"Gwen."

"That's not the worst."

"Hm... good point. I'd rather her than Duncan. Who did you get?"

"I got Sam. Hopefully he's better at this than gym.

"Okay. Well good luck. Now, if you Excuse me, I'll be attempting to work with my 'partner'."

I got up out of my seat and headed over to where Duncan and Gwen were sitting.

"Hello Gwen. Looks like we're partners." I said, trying to befriend the goth.

"Yeah." She responded.

"So, Duncan. I'm gonna have to sit there. Since I'm working with Gwen."

"No dice princess. I'm staying here." He leaned back in his chair.