Chapter 13: Our project pt.1

Kitty's POV

I was standing there not sure what to tell Courtney.  Part of me wanted to tell Courtney all of the amazing things he said about her.

But another part of me wanted me to not tell her anything.

"Um... I managed to talk to him. He told me you're a really good friend." I lied.

"Really good friend? T-that's it?" She said taken back.

"Well, he's not dumb. I mean, who tells a random girl they've just met their feelings for a girl?" I stated.

"Hm... I suppose you make a point." Courtney place a finger on her chin thinking." Guess l have to figure out myself by asking myself unless I can somehow get him to tell me."

Ugh... sorry Court.

Courtney's POV

After putting my text book back into my locker, I headed outside. I found my moms car parked at her usual spot.

I got in, put my bag down next to me, and heavily sighed.

"How was your day?" My mom asked.

"Fine." I simply answered, leaning my head on my palm.

"You sure? You seem off." My mom raised an eyebrow.

"Really. I-It's nothing." I continued staring out the window.

My mom sighed and continued to drive. I started blankly at the window. We came to a traffic light and my moms driving came to a stop.

I saw Scott waking to his house through the window. I put up my coat hood and slouched down so he wouldn't see me.

"Courtney?" My mom raised an eyebrow.

"The road mom." I pointed.

She sighed and continued to drive. When we arrived at the house I went straight up to my room and flopped down in my bed.

Kitty's POV

I was in my sisters room ranting to her about what happened. I know Emma can keep a secret. Plus she's super smart so maybe she could help me.

"And now Courtney is probably more unsure of Scott's crush on her. She thinks he only sees her as a friend even though I know he sees her as more than that."

"Seriously Kit? This is why you DON'T get involved in other people's love life." Emma pointed.

"I know but I REALLY wanted to help-" I started.

"And now you're in the situation you are in now." She finished and I nodded.

"Okay, stop making me feel worse about it and help me!"

"Pfft. Are you kidding? You brought that COMPLETLY on yourself." She flipped a page in her book.

"But I need some advice."

"Fine. Here's what I would do. Since you know both of their feelings just wait until they start going out. And from now on don't talk to them, and if you have to DON'T bring up the 'love topic' around them." Emma pointed then put her hand back on her book leaning her head on her palm.

"Seriosuly? Are all your problems solved by running?" I put my hands  on my hips and raised an eyebrow.

"It's not running Kit. It's playing it safe. And if you don't want them BOTH mad at you for lying and toying with them you would take my advice."

"I wasn't toying with them. I was really trying to help."

"I know. But that's how it'll look to them, So.... but that's what I would do. Do what's best for You Kit."