Chapter 12: Knowing his thoughts?

Courtney's POV

It was a Sunday night and me and Emma were just hanging out in my room. We were reviewing for the upcoming presentation we had in history.

Emma was overthinking the presentation because Noah would be there.

"Ugh. What if we mess up." She asked passing back and forth.

"We won't mess up. Besides we're trying to please the teacher, not Noah." I told her.

"I-I know that. It's just.... I should just present myself well. Besides he's probably trying to do the same."

"Emma. It's a history project. What could possibly be impressive about that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"My smarts. And once he sees-" she started.

"How alike you two are it'll be a match make in heaven. I know. " I finished her sentence. She's told me this so many times."But I'm still not seeing how a history project can impress a guy."

"Pfft. You say that as if you dont as if you dont use your smarts to impress your crush." Emma pointed.

"W-what?! No I don't!" I denied.

"Pfft. Yeah you do. Maybe you haven't noticed, but whenever I cross paths with you in the hallway, you're always bragging that 'friend' of yours." She stated.

"What? No. I-" I started but Emma just raised an eyebrow at me.

Hmm.... now that I think about it she kinda makes a point. I should get to know him better.

"Fine, so maybe he knows a lot about me. That's good progress." I stated.

"Noah likes my voice. He told me he likes how I say 'alliance'." Emma told me.

"That's- uh.... oddly specific." I raised an eyebrow.

"I know. But like you said. Progress." She grinned.

"Fair enough."

"So, when do you two plan to become official?" She asked.

"Um.... well-" I started.

"Do you even plan on asking him out?" Emma raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, I was kinda hoping it would be the other way around. But still... even then. I can't go out with him yet. I have high school plans. Plus, he's already on my mind enough." I explained.

"Good move. I dont want you to make the same mistake as me. When I was with my old boyfriend, Jake. He was constantly on my mind. I couldn't get anything done right. I was a Complete disaster.  Besides you're in high school. You dont want to jeopardize your education and chances of getting into a good college over a boy." Emma exained.

As much as I hate to admit it. Emma's right. I can't. Not right now. Kitty(Emma's sister) came back from the bathroom and joined us on the bed.

"Whatcha guys talking about?" Kitty asked curiously.

"Boys." I simply answered while shrugging.

"Courtney!" Emma glared.

"What? She asked. Was she not suppose to know?" I asked.

"It's just when she gets on the 'love' topic she-" Emma started but Kitty quickly cut her off.

"So. What boys are you talking about?" Kitty asked.

"Scott and Noah." I simply answered again as Emma face palmed and sighed to herself.

"Hmmm... by Scott do you mean the one with ginger hair and-" Kitty started.