Chapter 1

Asta P.O.V

I was walking back to the church after my training in the forest since it was the only place where I could be alone with my thoughts away from everyone. Not that it mattered anyways, no one even cared that I existed. I'd still be alone back at the church except I would be doing everything while the other kids got to play.

As I arrived at the church, I hesitated to go in. I was stuck on the ground thinking if I should just run away. Everyone hates me and wants me to disappear, so why should I stay around? But I couldn't because Yuno would be worried about me. He surely would, right? I put my hand on the door handle and opened the door. I tried to be as quiet as possible. Unfortunately, the door wasn't on my side.

As the door squeaked, I saw Sister Lily walk out of the dining room. She walked towards me with a deep scowl. She stood before me with anger in her eyes and raised her hand. I already knew what was going to happen, so I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the harsh impact on my face, but nothing happened.

I opened my eyes and turned around to see the wizard from the grimoire tower standing behind me holding sister Lily's hand. Shock was evident on her face, and the wizard eventually pushed her away from me. Before I could even process what was happening, I felt myself floating. I looked down and saw that I was sitting on a carpet and up in the clouds. As the wizard and I flew away, I saw everyone from the church walk out getting smaller.

As I was watching them, I saw that they were laughing. I felt a pain in my heart, but it literally shattered when I saw Yuno, the one whom I considered a brother, laughing with them.

I didn't realize, but I started crying. Everyone at the church was happy I was gone, I thought that even if they hurt me they would still care about me, but they didn't. As I cried I felt a large arm wrap around me. I wiped my tears and I saw the wizard hug me, trying to comfort me. I cried into his chest as I slowly fell asleep.

Drouot (grimoire tower wizard) P.O.V.

I followed Asta as he went back to that wretched place. I cannot believe that they'd hurt such a young boy only because he 'couldn't' use magic. They probably haven't seen Asta's magic, but I only saw it once and it was tremendous.

~~~Flashback~~~

I was walking back to the tower when I heard distant screaming. As I walked closer I heard someone begging for their life. I turned at the corner and saw a little boy running away from some teens attacking him with their grimoires out. The little boy then ran into the forest, swallowed by darkness. The boys quickly followed him and I decided to follow them as well to end this nonsense.

It has been fifteen minutes since the boy had ran into the forest. I sometimes see a glimpse of him, but he's too fast. He runs quite fast for someone his age. I heard a blood-curdling scream and I quickly ran towards the source. I saw the teens that were hurting the boy earlier being surrounded by wolves. I was about to help them when I saw the kid jump out of a tree and land on the face of one of the wolves.

The boy shouted at the bullies to run away, and they did instead of staying and helping the boy. A bunch of cowards they are, having the nerve to attack an innocent boy instead of acting like their age and help fight the danger. I was about to get out of my hiding spot when one of the wolves jumped on the boy. The wolf scratched him over the eye and the boy started screaming as he fell down.

I was shocked by the boy as he was dying and I didn't do anything to help. I felt my blood boil as I charged at the wolves. I took out my pocket knife, grabbed and cut off one of their tails. It yelped as I threw the tail away, the other wolves turned their attention to me growling, but at least they left the boy alone. I could now properly look over the boy's condition; he looked as white as a ghost as he was lying in a pool of his own blood.
But that wasn't the only thing which caught my attention. He started glowing, his body had
risen up and he was floating. The wolves stared in bewilderment and started back away, never keeping their eyes off. His wounds started to close up and it left no trace that a wound was even there at all. After a few seconds, he slowly floated back down and was now standing, but he didn't seem conscious of his actions. His eyes were glowing red like a predator who locked onto its prey.

I slowly backed away as he walked closer, the wolves also seemed to whimper at his presence. But before he could take another step, his eyes returned to its normal emerald shade a. The wolves ran away deeper into the forest and I cautiously stepped towards the boy and picked him up. I searched his clothes to look for any clues about his family. I saw a note which said if he was lost, bring him to the church.

As we arrived at the church, it was very late, around 11pm. I didn't know if anyone was even awake at this hour, but I knocked on the door and it revealed the father. And I saw how his expression changed when he saw the boy in my arms. He was still unconscious when we arrived. After I left I heard a faint scream as I flew away and I wondered if I made the right decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since then I have followed the boy. I have determined that his name was Asta and everyone in the village hated him because they thought he was the reincarnation of the demon that once attacked and nearly destroyed Clover kingdom. It was also because he 'couldn't' use magic. I despise them for hurting an innocent boy they barely know about.

Asta slowly fell asleep as we arrived at the grimoire tower. I got off the carpet and picked up Asta. We entered the tower, walked through the halls and I opened the door to the grimoire room. But as we passed through it, I felt a strange magical presence in the bookshelves slowly building up. When I was about to open the door to my corridors, it was blocked by a flock of grimoires. I turned around to see every grimoire in the tower forming a wall around us.

When they were finished, a four leafed grimoire came out between them glowing brightly as the sun, and from the ground emerged a five leafed grimoire, its presence demonic and eerie. I couldn't believe my eyes at what was happening, it sure wasn't a hallucination since I can feel its overwhelming mana coming from the grimoire. Everything was incredible. Two of the most rare grimoires in one place, but that wasn't all. They opened and went through pages before each stopped on one identical page. They slowly drifted toward each other as they started merging, a big flash of light followed. When the light dimmed, a book started floating down to us and it landed on top of Asta. It was the six leaf clover grimoire, the grimoire of everything and nothing, and the only one to ever exist. And it now belonged to a four-year-old 'magicless' boy.

We update whenever we have time.