Graduation

It was the last day for us at Hogwarts and McGonagoll decided to have a ceremony for the students graduating. She also wanted Draco and I to sing a song at the ceremony. As of right now we were on the stage ready to perform when McGonagoll introduced us. "I would like to present Y/n Potter and Draco Malfoy performing a song they chose for this day." She announced then got off the stage. I walked up to the microphone then tensed up seeing everyone in the crowd and our family was there as well.

Draco must have noticed because he put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm right here, love, don't worry." He whispered and I calmed down. "Hi, everyone." I spoke into the mic. "This is a song about being free from everything we went through." I said then Draco started playing his guitar and I sang.

Nothing is holding you back now

No one can push you around

What do you wanna do?

You'rethemaster of you

Andisn't the thought enough to liftyou off of the ground?

Nothing is holding me back now

No one can push me around

What do I wanna do?

I'm the master of me

And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground?

We could be independent together

Independent together, we can fly

Independent together, you and I

High above an endless sea

No one brought us here but me

Every step and every choice

It's my thought, it's my thought, it's my words, it's my voice

Independent together

Independent together, if we try

Independent together, you and I

Independent together, we can fly

Independent together, you and I

Everyone stood and clapped once we were finished. Draco and I smiled then got off the stage and took our seats next to each other. McGonagoll continued all with the rest of the ceremony, Draco and I held hands the entire time. "Teachers, students and family, I present the class of 1999!" McGonagoll smiled then we all threw their hats up in the air and Draco kissed me passionately as we did so.

We met up with our family and they congratulated us. "Draco, Y/n!" We heard. We turned to see professor McGonagoll. Draco and I walked up to her with a smile. "I wanted to thank you for singing at the ceremony," She smiled. "Anytime, it was fun," I assured then I felt a someone hug my torso tightly. I turned to see and small girl hugging me and a woman rush up.

"I'm sorry," The little girl's mother said as her daughter pulled away. "She's a big fan, Ellie, let's go." "I don't mind," I assured kneeling down to her level. "Can I ask a few questions?" She asked. "Sure," I smiled.

Draco's pov:

I smiled watching Y/n talking to the little girl. She's already great with other people's children, I can't wait to see her with ours. "Draco, let me talk to you." Professor McGonagoll said. "What is it, professor?" I asked. "Have you thought about our conversation?" She asked. "Yes I have actually," I said. "And I want to take on a career in healing." "Here's an application to become a doctor, I already wrote down my reference towards you." McGonagoll smiled.

"Thank you, ma'am." I beamed. "You're welcome." She replied. "What about Y/n, what's her career choice?" "I think she can get any career she wanted. She very ambitious." I said. "You know, she has a real shot at becoming a magizoologist." McGonagoll said. "She's like you, she got changed into advance care for magical creatures class after Christmas break." I thought about it for a moment. "I'm pretty sure she's already looking into it. If not, I'll suggest it to her." I said and she nodded.

Your pov:

Ellie was on her twentieth question when McGonagoll and Draco came over. "Are you done, sweetheart?" Her mother asked. "Just one more question, please?" She begged. "I don't mind." I smiled. "Did you really fall in love with Draco Malfoy the first time you saw him in Diagon alley?" She asked hopefully. I looked at Draco in the eyes and smiled. "Yes, always." I replied and Draco smiled back. "Come on, Ella, we have to go." Her mother said.

Ellie leaped forward and gave me the tightest hug her little arms can give. "It's absolutely amazing to see you, Y/n Potter!" She beamed. "Please, Ellie, just call me 'Y/n'." I smiled. She pulled away then smiled brightly. "Y/n Potter just told me to call her only by her first name! This is the greatest day ever!" She squealed then skipped away with her parents. "She's adorable." I giggled. "I can't wait to see you with our daughter." Draco smirked.

I giggled then Draco kissed me passionately. "I love you, Y/n." Draco smiled. "I love you too, Draco." I smiled back. "Always?" "Always." I confirmed then kissed him passionately again.