Old Habits

I know you all expected smut, that will be the next chapter, but I had this random idea and I wanted to put it in because why not? I think you guys will like it because of an old character I'm bringing back. That's all, stay safe. ~Skippy

3rd person pov:

It's been about two years of Draco and Y/n living together and they have noticed a few things about each other. For one, if Draco has a day off of work, he'll walk around the house shiftless until after breakfast which Y/n didn't mind. Also, he sings in the shower which Y/n never knew. Of all her time in Hogwarts, she never been around when Draco showers and he sings songs from the wizarding world and the muggle songs. These things didn't bug Y/n at all, just things that she's noticed throughout the year. Draco was well mannered unusually and is very sweet when it come to other things. Draco only noticed one thing about Y/n, and it was pretty big and it bugged him a lot.

Y/n cleans everything, and he means everything and every little detail. No matter what she were doing, Y/n is always cleaning something. At first, it didn't seem to big, but as the months went by, she's cleaning all the time. One day, Y/n's cleaning the kitchen, the next, she's vacuuming the living room, and the next, she's cleaning Draco's shoes. Whenever Draco ask why she's doing it, she says, "They had a smudge." Or "There are crumbs everywhere." Draco saw her washing the dishes one time, and once she finished he was relieved so she could relax, but something stopped her.

"There's dirt still on this glass," She said even though the glass was clearly — well, clear. Y/n started scrubbing it for a good ten minutes before she could actually declare it as clean. One day, Draco finally decided to say something about it. Y/n was cleaning the chimney when Draco walked in which made him sigh.

Your pov:

"Love, come sit with me," Draco insisted. "I can't, I have to polish your shoes," I said as I finished up. I got the cleaning supplies then Draco stood in front of me, leaning against the wall. Draco kissed me softly to get the cleaning supplies out of my hand and get my gloves off. Draco pulled away then took me to the couch saying, "We need to talk." I sat down facing him and Draco held my hands and spoke, "I think you have a problem." "Yeah, the shoes are dirty," I replied. "No, they're not because you just cleaned them this morning," Draco said. "Just like the dishes and the kitchen and our room. They can't get anymore clean."

I frowned slightly and looked down at our hands as Draco said, "You have a problem, talk to me why you do all of this. I know there's a reason because of how you're acting." I looked at chimney then at our hands again not wanting to look at Draco. "I never told you much about my childhood, in that house with the muggles," I said. "Growing up, Harry and I were meant to clean and cook. If we did anything bad, we would be locked away in our cupboard. Whenever my aunt thought I missed a spot, she would send me there alone. But... one time, she was so angry for some reason and she noticed I missed a spot on her expensive glass."

I pulled my hands away and held myself looking down and continued, "We were the only ones in the kitchen and she called me to her. She yelled at me for it then, out of nowhere, she slapped me clean across the face." Draco looked taken back and I said, "I was seven-years-old at the time, so you can think how that could traumatize a kid. Since that moment, I never wanted to get hurt again so I cleaned and cleaned." I finally looked at Draco who was just looking at me noticing that a few tears went down my face. "I know she can't hurt me anymore and I know I don't have to worry, but I just can't kick the habit that came from such a horrible memory," I sniffed.

I started crying lightly and Draco held me closely. I wrapped my arms around his neck and straddled his lap as his arms went around my waist tightly. I cried into his shoulder for a moment before he pulled away and held me arms length. "All these years, you've never told me?" Draco said. "We had other things to worry about and I felt so safe around you," I replied. "But, for some reason, all those memories are coming back. I hated that place, those people, that damn cupboard! It was so easy to let it all go at Hogwarts because there was always something to distract me now with all that gone, I can't help remembering her hand hitting my face."

Draco cupped my face and wiping my tears with his thumb and I looked at him and sniffed. "You won't get hurt anymore," Draco assured. "You are far away from that place and those people are gone from your life. You have me, you have Harry, you have your actual parents back. They're here and they won't hurt you, just like Harry, and just like me. You're safe, you can rest." I calmed down then leaned against Draco's hand slightly then looked at him and nodded slightly. I leaned in and kissed him lovingly for a long moment before pulling away slowly. Draco grabbed his cup of tea which had a few drops in it and dumped it on the carpet.

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to get up. "Wait," Draco insisted holding my wrist as my hands rested on his chest. I stopped and resisted trying to clean it which actually felt good. "See, you resisted and nothing happened," Draco smiled. "That's step one." "What's step two?" I questioned. "Rewarding you for resisting," Draco smirked then wrapped his arms around my waist. Draco kissed me softly as my hands went to his shoulders, I held his face with one hand and put more passion in the kiss. I smiled lightly as our lips moved in sync slowly until there was a knock at the door. "Who could that be?" I questioned and we both got up.

Draco followed and we opened the door to see nothing at first then a voice was heard. "Draco Malfoy and Y/n Potter-Malfoy!" We heard. We looked down and saw Dobby at our door with a smile on his face. "Dobby!" I smiled. "Come in, mate," Draco insisted. "What are you doing here?" "Dobby heard that Draco Malfoy has married Y/n Potter-Malfoy and wanted to congratulate him, but Dobby couldn't find them," Dobby informed. "Then Dobby found Harry Potter at the ministry and asked him about Draco and Y/n Potter-Malfoy. Dobby wanted to say congratulations." "Thank you, Dobby," I smiled.

"Also, since Draco Malfoy is head of the house, Dobby was curious if Draco Malfoy could possibly hire Dobby to be his house elf once more," Dobby said. "What happened to your job at Hogwarts?" Draco asked. "Dobby quit to become your house elf. Dobby wants to repay Y/n Potter-Malfoy for saving his life and Dobby knows Draco Malfoy and Y/n Potter-Malfoy won't treat him like his old master, Lucius Malfoy, did," Dobby said. "So, Dobby would like to serve Draco Malfoy's house hold, free of charge!" "Dobby, you can have the job, but I insist on paying you," Draco smiled. "You can have ten gallions a week and weekends off."

"Dobby will take one gallion a week and one day a month off," Dobby bargained. "Dobby doesn't want freedom to go to his head." "Alright then," Draco agreed. "You can start by cleaning the stain on the carpet in the living room." Dobby smiled with joy and went to go clean it up. "This could help your problem," Draco told holding my waist and pulling me closer. "Yes, Dr. Malfoy," I joked making Draco smirk before taking me to our room for some privacy. Soon, my problem got better, guess old habits die hard.