Jealousy

We were finally on my street. Jay was driving closer to my house when I looked in the driveway and saw my stepdads car. My eyes widened. I didn't want him to know I was with jay. He hates him. They hate each other. "I already know" he said. He slowed down and parked a few houses down from mine. He stopped the car. He sat back in his seat, leaned back and sighed. I opened the car door but before I could get out he spoke.

Jay: do you like gray?

I looked at him confused.

Cali: what.

Jay: it's a yes or no question.

Cali: no. Where is this coming from?

Jay: stop acting clueless.

Cali: I genuinely am.

Jay: he's literally admitted to liking you. And you know that. You guys kissed more than once. And almost fucked-

Cali: I'm not doing this-

I got out the car and slammed the door. I started quickly walking to my house. I heard jay slam his car door. I looked back and he was following me. "Don't walk away from me" he shouted. My heart started racing I stopped in place and turned toward him. "He's gonna hear you".

"I don't give a fuck" he shouted, still walking toward me.

We were now face to face.

Cali: Now you're doing it on purpose.

He looked at me without saying anything. He looked angry.

Cali: please jay. just shut up.

I kept walking toward my house and he followed me.

Cali: leave.

Jay: I was trying to fucking talk to you!

Cali: GO! * I shouted*

My mom stepped in the doorway with her robe and slippers on. "Cali, hun is that you"? She said walking toward me and jay.

Mom: you guys are gonna wake the whole neighborhood up. What's going on.

Jay: nothing. I'm sorry ma'am.

    My stepdad walked out the house with a beer in his hand wearing the same clothes he's had on all week. He's disgusting. What does my mother see in him?

Stepdad: WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON OUT HERE!?

  You could see the neighbors being nosy and looking out their windows. Some even did as much as literally walking outside and watching as it all unraveled.

   My mom put her hand on jays shoulder. "Honey, go home get some rest. It's late".

   Even she knew my stepdad hated jay.

   My stepdad nearly fell over the whole time he was walking toward us. He looked at jay and threw the beer can he was holding on the ground.

Stepdad: what the fuck is he doing here!

  My mom walked over to him and put her hands on his chest. "He leaving.... NOW" *she looked back at jay.

Jay looked at me before walking away.

Jay: just- *he sighed* if you like him please, just tell me.

   I stood there in silence just looking at the diss appointed look on his face.

Jay: so I don't waste anymore of my time.

    I watched him as he walked away and drove off. I walked inside prepared for my mom and stepdad to yell at me. I took a deep breath as I closed the front door behind me. My mom was standing in the dining room.