VI

We were pulling up at the busy mall the sun high in the sky. I was hoping that we would have a good time here because it's kinda busy, I don't really like crowds. Henry eventually found a parking spot and stopped his car; today he is driving his 2023 silver Honda. He said he didn't want to catch attention with his expensive pickup truck. We both got out and walked to the west entrance of the huge mall, Henry grabbed my hand as we stood in the intersection of the mall people walking past us quickly.

"Where are we going first?" I touched my purse making sure I didn't bring my gun in the mall, I left it in the car. Good. I don't feel like getting arrested for terrorism. He looked down at me grinning,

"It's your choice baby." He said with a wink. I nodded and fiddled with my jacket zipper in thought. A store I haven't been too caught my eye.

"How about Hot Topic?" I questioned.

"Yeah let's go." He started and started pulling me in the direction of the store. It took us a minute to get to the store but we made it. We both entered the almost empty store with a few other customers glancing at clothes. I was looking for the newest Converse shoes I've been looking for for the past month. They were black hightops with stars and little planets painted on the shoe. I grabbed the shoe and showed it to henry.

"Isn't this cute?" I asked him to show him the shoe, he glanced at it and smiled.

"Yeah, they are cute. Are you going to get them?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I am," I said grabbing my correct size shoe and walked towards the checkout counter. The woman behind the counter smiled at me,

"Hi, ma'am did you have trouble finding anything today?" She asked with a bright smile, I loved her bright hair color and a nose ring.

"No, I didn't. I've been looking for these shoes for months and I'm glad I got them." I explained she nodded,

"Yeah, these shoes are really cute. I got these for my sister last Christmas. Your total is $86.17. You can swipe here or insert your card." She said pointing at the card reader, I inserted my false but real debit card. It's sort of my money but it's under my false name 'Charlotte Bolton' the assistant to a law firm. But obviously I don't really work for a law firm, Ray is a real lawyer but he's also a part-time hitman.

"Thank you, ma'am, you have a nice rest of your day." She said handing me my receipt and my shoes in a plastic bag.

"You too Sam," I said with a smile then I turned around and grabbed Henry's hand and walked out of the store.

We visited a few more stores and purchased a few more items before we took a break in the mall center, sitting on the comfy couches they had set up in the area. I placed my shopping bags on the set next to me,

"Thanks for bringing me out here. I haven't been to the mall in ages."

"No problem baby. I'm glad I bought new boots. I'm still sore from yesterday." I commented stretching my arms, feeling the aches of soreness in my shoulders and neck. He looked over at me and rubbed my neck with his fingers, I winced the sore spot hurt, even more, when he massaged my neck.

"Yeah, the pigs were a hassle." He commented as he rubbed the tense spot on my neck. The disposal of John Baker's body was a really hard task, the place we found to dump his body was a pig farm. We cut up his body into small pieces and threw them in the pig's feeder, pigs eat anything I'm sure they can gobble down bones and tissue. I definitely made sure to separate his skull and hands in a different location so no one would identify his remains. I hope no one reads my thoughts, that would be awkward.

"Mmhmm, you're right. Any other store you want to go to?" He asked, still rubbing the sore spot on my neck. It wasn't as tense as it was earlier, I wouldn't mind if he gave me a full body massage. He was good with his hands. But I will never tell him that. I glanced around the now less empty mall looking for a store we could go look at, a bright blue logo caught my eye. It was a pet shop called 'Paws'. I instantly thought of Snowy. She needed a few things.