VII

After we started eating our food our conversation got back to work, Henry was eating fries off my plate as I was eating my small bowl of macaroni and cheese. Henry took a small sip of his drink before speaking,

"Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to visit my family in Virginia. I'll be gone for 3 days." I nodded as I swallowed my macaroni and cheese

"Okay cool. That's fine." I said shrugging my shoulder.

"Well before we get off-topic. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to meet my parents?" He asked with a hesitant smile, I looked at him confused why did he want me to meet his parents? I almost choked on my drink when I registered what he was asking. He wanted me to meet his parents more than a friend. Oh shit.

"Umm, I'm not sure about that... Why do you want me to go to meet your parents?" I questioned trying not to show my distaste to it all. He reached over and grabbed my hand and squeezed it,

"Well baby you're very important to me, and I have to introduce you to my parents so will you go?" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eye. I nodded,

"Yeah, I'll go Henry." He smirked,

"Yay! I really want you to meet my parents. I'm sure they will like you." He said with a bright smile as he cradled my hand in his. I returned the smile.

"That's good Henry. Are you sure they are fine with you being with a black woman?" Henry looked at me with a blank expression.

"Of course they will like you hon. I told them a lot about you, they think you are lovely." He answered but didn't really answer my question.

"But did you show them a picture of me?" I asked myself clearly. He shook his head.

"I don't think that your race matters love. No, I didn't show them a picture." He muttered looking at his phone. I nodded my head,

"Okay well, I hope they like me," I muttered softly. He rubbed my hand with his thumb,

"Rachel you'll be fine. Okay? We will be fine." He said in a reassuring voice.

"I hope so," I said before I took a sip of my lemonade. I thought back to the encounter with Tyler earlier today, It just hit me. Tyler broke up with Charlie 2 years ago. This doesn't make sense to me, if he wasn't here for 'Charlie' then why was he here? What if he's stalk- I'm just paranoid.

"Baby what's bothering you?" Henry asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I shook my head.

"Nothing Henry," I said, He gave me a glance and nodded his head.

"Just let me know when you're ready."

"I will." I'm glad he wasn't pushing me like he was earlier.

---

20 minutes later we were done with our meal we are now just waiting on our check.

"Here you go, sweetie. I'll be back to get the checks in a few." Louis said plucking the black book on our table and walking away. We both reached for our wallets,

"I can pay for it." We both said at the same time. We both laughed at our synchronization.

"Baby I can pay." He said with a smirk. I put down my wallet and let him pay. He picked up the black check book and looked at the reception.

"Okay cool," I said sitting back. Allowing him to pay the check,

"The total is only 30 dollars. Not bad." He said with a nod.

"Yeah. We did well this time." He said placing 40 in the black wallet. He stood up and grabbed my hand as we neared the exit.

"We have to pack. We are leaving late tonight so Do you want to go to your house or mine?" He asked me to open his car door, I got in and nodded.