X

We arrived at the hotel around 6:30 in the morning, the air was still foggy from the morning mist. I was awake the whole ride which was 3 hours. I was dead tired so was Henry, we both got out of the car and grabbed our bags in the trunk and made our way in the hotel.

"Hi welcome to Hampton Inn. How may I help you?" The young lady asked from behind the desk in the large lobby.

"I need a room with a king-sized bed. Just for the night. Can you extend our check out time to like 3 pm? Will that cost extra?" He asked glancing at the computer in front of the woman. She nodded.

"Yes, it does cost extra to have an extended check out time. Are you in the Hampton Inn rewards program?"

"Yes, I am." He said handing her the rewards card. She accepted it and typed on the computer,

"Where are you all heading?" She asked with a smile reaching over to the printer grabbing a few sheets of paper,

"To my parents' house in Petersburg, Virginia. I haven't been there in years," He said with a small grin glancing in my direction.

"Oh okay. You guys are about 1 and a half from there. I need your driver's license and a form of payment. Your rewards took off 75 dollars. Your total is now 135." She said looking up from the computer handing him the rewards card back. Henry took out his wallet and handed her his I.D.

"Alright, Zack Miller here is your change and your receipt. Your room number will be 305. Here is your room key." She said sliding over the paper with the room key and his change.

"Thank you." He said grabbing the thing off of the counter and moved towards the elevator.

"Enjoy your stay." She said with a smile. I returned the smile and followed Henry.

"Zack. Huh. Nice name." I started with a grin as I pressed the up button on the elevator.

"Yeah that's my name sugar," he said with a wink.

"I know that. Why did you pick the name then?"

"I liked the name. It was the name of my first dog and I wanted something that didn't relate to my real name. Why is your name Charlotte?" I thought for a second. I'm not sure how I got that name from,

"I don't know. Ray decided to call me that when I started killing people, he said that I reminded him of a Charlotte he knew when he was younger. But he never told me who that lady was to him. But I never questioned him because he was always uncomfortable about it." I explained. I obviously kept the real reason to myself, I wasn't going to tell him just yet. I wasn't sure how he was going to react. The elevator was at our floor it opened with a small ding noise we both stepped in and he pressed the correct floor,

"Oh okay. I wonder who you reminded him of." He said with curiosity,

"Me too," I muttered softly. Looking at the elevator ceiling, the elevator reached the correct floor and we both walked to the room he swiped the card and entered the darkroom. I entered behind him and turned on the light, placing my bag on the floor next to the bed.

"Are you going to shower?" He asked to take off his shoes.

"I'll shower later on today. I'm going to change into my pajamas and lay down.'' I said, taking my t-shirt and shorts out of my bag and placing it on the bed.

"Okay," he said before going into the bathroom.

I stripped down to my underwear and put my t-shirt and shorts on, I grabbed my phone from my purse and turned on the flashlight and used it to see if there were any bedbugs. There wasn't any I turned off my flashlight and peeled back the covers and laid in the bed. I needed to text Ray the recent events that happened so he's not flipping out when he gets to my house on Sunday.