XV

Present-day

During the middle of the movie night with Henry's family, I got a call and it was Ray. I leaned over and whispered in his ear,

"Hey, honey. Ray is calling me. I'm going to go to the back yard." Henry nodded and removed her arm that was around my shoulder. Luckily we were sitting in the chair that was closest to the back yard, I quietly made my way to the back door and slid the door open closing it behind me. I quickly pressed the answer button before it went to voicemail.

"Hey, Rachel. I have someone looking for you." Ray said. I could tell he was distracted, I sighed and looked in the night sky.

"Who?" I questioned biting my bottom lip. I was trying to think of who would want to look for me.

"Ummm he said his name was... Tyler- Tyler something I can't remember." My heart sank to my stomach. How did Tyler find Ray?

"Did you tell him I was out of town?" I asked. I wanted to make sure Tyler couldn't find me,

"Of course not sweetie. He just kept asking about you so I decided to call you when he went to the restroom."

"Where are you?" I asked, biting my fingernail. I was really anxious right now,

"I'm at the Ranch Bar. I'm hunting down a drug dealer and he favors this bar so I'm trying to keep tabs. How's miller's family?" I sighed.

"I'll tell you later but you remember that guy I slept with when Nessa died?" I asked trying to jog his memory,

"Yeah. What about him?"

"Well long story short. His name is Tyler and he's stalking me. He came to my house a few days ago and assaulted me, so that's why I'm staying in henry's house." He sighed and cleared his throat,

"Well, why are you just now telling me about him?"

"I didn't think it was important until you called me to tell me that he's looking for me," I uttered looking in the large back yard, it was dimly lit with little sensor lights that go in the ground.

"Can you leave the bar?" I asked,

"No I can't, the guy who's paying me wants him dead tonight. I can't leave. Sorry, Rachel."

"Well if he comes back, just be careful okay?"

"That's cute that you're worried about me. But I'll look out for him, for your sake."

"Thank you, Ray," I said with a grin,

"No problem baby girl."

"Thank you," I said feeling the heat rise to my cheeks, that nickname was one of the many reasons I fell in love with him.

"Bye-bye."

"Bye," I said before hanging up. I slid my phone back in my pocket and took a deep breath before walking back into the house. As I made my way back to my seat, Henry's dad was giving me a glare, I ignored his gaze and snuggled up to Henry's side.

"What I miss?" I asked Henry lowly,

"Nothing really. Scream just killed a few people," he responded. I nodded and tried to put my uneasiness on the back burner,

When the movie was over Henry and I called it a night and made our way upstairs. When we reached his room I collapsed face-first on his tiny bed.

"Did you like the grill we had today?" he asked looking in his suitcase, "I hope my dad stayed in line." I heard him mutter to himself,

"Yeah, it was great. I dont think your mom could throw down on a grill," I said, amazed. I have never seen a woman, especially a white woman, cook some good ass food on the grill. He let out a laugh and gave me a warm smile,

"Yeah, she's more of the man in the house. She's definitely not tolerating my father's ignorance, she told my brothers that she might leave him because of how he's treating our relationship."

"I don't want your family to break up because of me," I said sitting up straight.

"It's not your fault, I think my mom is tired of my dad. When I was younger he told me that I shouldn't date outside of my race, I never told my mom about this 'lesson' he'd give me. That's why she was so surprised about what he said yesterday.'' Henry said, sitting next to me holding his pajamas.

"Now switching the subject, what did the boss want?"

"He called me to tell me that someone was looking for me and it was Tyler looking for where I was. I told him to be careful." I said looking at his bedroom wall, that it was littered with baseball players and jerseys signed with some player's signature.

"Really? I can't believe it. I guess he's really wants to find you,"

"Yeah. Should I text him? To tell him that we can meet up somewhere?"he gave me a shocked look,

"No. I don't think you should do anything with that crazy bastard." He grumbled. "I mean why did that thought even cross your mind? He tried to rape you!" he exclaimed in a low tone. I could tell he wasn't trying to alert the others in the home. I sighed and rubbed my head in frustration,

"It's not the first time. I'm going to tell him to meet me somewhere, I don't want anything to get out of hand." I whispered, he frowned.

"I'm sorry honey. It's just I don't think that it's going to end well." I know he was concerned but I got this. I've been through hell I'm sure I can make it past the devil,

"Relax Hen. I'm just going to meet him somewhere public and we can talk it out." I explained as I got my phone out to text Tyler. From my  peripheral vision, Henry was shaking his head,

'Hey tyler. I want to meet up with you in the next few weeks so we can talk. Meet me at 3701 Tango Street at 12 pm on this day in 3 weeks.'

"I sent the text," I muttered as I showed him what I sent. He nodded and didn't say anything, it wasn't long before he texted back.

'God! It took you forever to respond. Be alone. No friends, partners.' I replied with a simple okay.

"I'm going whether you like it or not," Henry said with a serious tone. I gave him an annoyed look,

"No, you're not going with me. I think I can handle this on my own,"

"Okay. I don't want you to get hurt and walk right into a trap baby." He said with concern. I sighed and left his room to use the restroom. I can do this.

End of chapter 15...

A/N: Hey guys sorry about this short ass chapter. I hope you liked this chapter! Let me know what you think about it! 

Love ya,

Bri😘