XVIII

Henry's POV

As I was eating I was noticing how close Ray and Charlotte were. I knew they had a past together but it was bothering me a little bit. We were gathered in my living room sitting by my coffee table. I tuned myself back into their conversation,

"What location did you pick to meet Tyler?"

"Someplace by that coffee shop. I  wanted to pick a public place so it isn't too weird when I see him. Hence the situation that happened before," She muttered. I felt the anger rise up in me. That fucker tried to assault my woman, Ray nodded and took a drink before speaking.

"That's good. I looked further into Lancer and the newly hired women are disappearing within 6 weeks they are being hired. And a few days later they show up beaten in random places,I have a feeling that Jason is the one killing the women. He has killed all races  but now he's killing women of color they mostly resemble you." He explained looking at Charlotte, that caught my attention.

"Are you sure that it's Jason killing these women?" I asked, slowly losing my appetite.

"I asked around and some of my friends told me that Jason would mark his victims with bruises on the inside of their arms as a heroin addict would have, but it wasn't found in their system," Ray replied,

"So they disappear then show up with the same bruise. What's the main cause of death?"

"They're all different  but are drugged with the same type of chemical." He explained,

"Wow. That's crazy." I muttered in shock,

"I know it is," Charlotte said playing with the food that was on her plate,

"How was the trip to the parents?" Ray questioned looking at both Charlotte and I.

"Oh, it was nice. His mom is nice but his dad is another story," Charlotte muttered. I nodded in agreement,

"Yeah, my dad is a jackass. He doesn't want me with her." I explained with a small frown. I was still pissed off about my dad but we're never going to visit him again.

"Damn that sucks. Can you hand me a napkin?" Ray asked me with a stuffed face. I nodded and handed him a napkin.

"Yeah but besides that it was fun," Charlotte mumbled playing with the seam on her shirt.

"That's good to hear," Ray said with a grin. The situation with Jason doesn't sound good but I hope nothing like that happens to Charlotte. I would be so broken if Tyler got to her and harmed her I would kill him without hesitation. I will do my best to protect her. It's the least I can do. I wish I could have protected her from the heartache she has received, it isn't fair for a beautiful angel like her to be dragged through hell. But I will make her see one day that she is worth saving.

***

*A few weeks later*

I woke up snuggled to her side, I was the big spoon so I could only see a little part of her face by the looks of it. She was still asleep. She wants to sleep in her own room that is across the hall but it was too far for me. A few days ago she was mad at me and went to sleep in the other room and in the middle of the night she woke up in my room. She was so pissed off that she threatened me with her gun but I didn't flinch. I knew she wouldn't pull the trigger because she likes me too much. Today was the day she was going to visit Terry Lancer for a 'job offer' so hopefully he will give away the location of Jason Dean.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before I got out the bed and went downstairs to my office closing the door behind me.

"Good morning Zack."